Pregnant after 35

Can I have some feedback on DHs birthday plan please ladies

KateLouiseKateLouise member
edited May 2015 in Pregnant after 35
So I posted a little while back asking for ideas. Jerseygirl had a great idea of carnival type games, which I don't really have the energy for, and it would be hard to pick an evening that I could say yes DH will be into that tonight.

But I took the idea of a game, and decided to do a treasure hunt. My plan is to tie each clue around the neck of a bottle of boutique beer, and also have a gift at each stop. I'm thinking 6 or 7 clues, which I thought I'd get the girls to help me with hiding ideas and get them to draw on the clues.

So my gift ideas:
- Some new clothes
- A voucher for the sports shop so he can buy some fishing or golf gear when he has the time for such things.
- Gourmet chocolates
- Underwear with maybe a sexy note.
- A love letter.
- An IOU "voucher" for a date night of an army movie of his choice and wine.

Questions: I have concerns about the sexy note, because I have never written one, and am not entirely sure I can hit the right mood. Any good tips for that one?
Is the IOU voucher cheesy and would it better to surprise him with a date night one night?
What order would you put the above in?
Any other thoughts?

I really want to spoil him, but his mother's health is fading fast and he's exhausted. I want whatever I put together to require zero effort on his part, and have no expectation of him engaging in any given activity at any given moment. At the same time I think he's been enjoying distractions, he's suddenly super keen to hear any gossip about any of my friends, colleagues or family because it's a change from talking about his Mum and all that goes with it.

I also plan to do something fun like take him ten pin bowling with the girls if it works out, and to take him out to a nice restaurant just the two of us, one day when it fits in.

Thanks ladies!

ETA, his sister will be in the kitchen the weekend after his birthday, and I suggested I make a cake so that we can all do birthday cake at the hospital with his Mum. He seemed to like that idea. I don't know if his Mum will be beyond engaging with us, but I thought it might be nice to be around her, as they say the last sense to go is your hearing.

Elizabeth 5yrs old Jane 3yrs old

Re: Can I have some feedback on DHs birthday plan please ladies

• LorMorLorMor member
    Wow! You've put a lot of thought into this.

Re sexy note: try something simple like: I can't wait to rip these off you! Or I can't wait to see these on... and off...

I don't think the IOU voucher is cheesy - it means he knows there's a date night coming, but it can wait until things settle down.

I really cannot help you with the order. I don't think it matters? Is one of those gifts bigger than the others? Leave that to last, but otherwise, I don't think it's important.

Have fun!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I think this is an awesome idea and may very well steal the treasure hunt/craft beer idea for fiance's bday in November!

I like @LorMor's idea of the sexy note. :)  

I think an IOU is just fine, especially considering everything you have going on right now.

One other thing that I just thought of ... I once wrote fiance a list of 100 reasons I love him.  He loved it!  Some of the things were stupid, like you wear your seat belt in the car and you danced with me when I first moved into my barren apartment, but it was fun.  

Good luck!  He's gonna love it!
  • Loading the player...
  • ewennerewenner member
    I think this sounds wonderful and so thoughtful of you to want to pamper him during such a tough time. I don't think its cheesy at all.
  • This sounds like a lot of fun and not cheesy at all. The sexy note I agree would probably work best if kept simple. Maybe even going slightly cheesy on purpose with it might be fun - pull a page from the skeevy guy playbook and say how you'd like to see the clothes...on the floor. ;)

Also, just for fun and to blow off some stress - I once saw a 'cool girlfriends' or something post on fb. One idea I really liked was a super soaker with a note just inside the door that said something like 'remove clothes - I am naked somewhere laying in ambush, prepare for battle' or something like that. Of course, the naked part means you'd need the girls to be out of the house, OR you could do the supersoaker and have the girls get in on the ambush. Just, you know, stay away from expensive electronics (or cover them with plastic beforehand so you don't have to worry about it)
  • I think the IOU's a great idea. My husband loves it when we plan stuff...but I always end up forgetting, so I know he'd love a reminder like an IOU! Very thoughtful.