1st Trimester
Options

nauseous all day...help

Dear friends, 

I am about 8-9 wks pregnant and the last two-three weeks I have gotten extreme nausea/ hunger that hits me all day. I try eating bits of things here and there but lately, I can't even make supper for my family. Would a protein shake possibly help curb the feeling of hunger/nausea? Are there other things out there i could try?

I do have some ginger ale which has seemed to help a little...and I hate soda...so I am hoping for something else. I've tried apples but they make me feel sicker.  

HELP. I teach and this is the really busy time of the year. I can't take a sick day within the last two weeks of school.

Re: nauseous all day...help

• Options
    I take 1/2 of a unisom at night and it really helps! This is the fifth pregnancy I've used it for. :)
  • Options
    I've tried protein shakes and they makes me sicker than a dog
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Dear friends, 

I am about 8-9 wks pregnant and the last two-three weeks I have gotten extreme nausea/ hunger that hits me all day. I try eating bits of things here and there but lately, I can't even make supper for my family. Would a protein shake possibly help curb the feeling of hunger/nausea? Are there other things out there i could try?

I do have some ginger ale which has seemed to help a little...and I hate soda...so I am hoping for something else. I've tried apples but they make me feel sicker.  

HELP. I teach and this is the really busy time of the year. I can't take a sick day within the last two weeks of school.

Hard candies. Sour jolly ranchers & Perrier helped me.

LFAF Summer 2016 Awards:

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Options
    Hi.  I teach too and this is the pits!!!! lol!  I have found having a banana in the morning really helps.  I have been drinking a half a cup of coffee too in the morning....don't know why but this helps too! 
  • Options
    evemisevemis member
    I've found that those little packages of peanut butter crackers help a lot. I think it's the combo of the carbs and protein. That and ginger tea with honey helps too.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Saltines. Any time you are hungry or think you will be. Just stuff them in your face. Gingerale unless all natural is just a lot of sugar so I wouldn't bank on that. Water prob best. Sometimes bubbles for me made it worse. Don't try to eat any fatty meat. It won't end up well. Take it from me. Nothing may work. I was sick weeks 6-15. It should get better but unfortunately it will suck for awhile.
  • Options
    Hi!  I hope you feel better!  I don't get out of bed until I've had at least two saltines - which has helped.  Plain almonds are a good snack and help the nausea.  I'm 6w0d but this has worked for me so far.  Feel better!
  • Options
    I was plagued with nausea with my first.. and nausea alerted me to this pregnancy. There are medications your dr can prescribe. That pill saves my sanity. No way to hide this from friends and family without it.
  • Options
    I can sympathize! I'm basically in the exact same spot. For me, I really have to eat SOMETHING about once every hour and a half. Small snacks in between small meals. It helps keep is bearable - most of the time. 

I have heard good things about the medications our doctors can prescribe and am almost to the point that I'm going to try that. 

Good luck!! Remember -- it's temporary!
  • Options
    I know how you feel. I'm in the same boat. My morning sickness started before I was even late with my period. All day queasiness - yuck!

Flat ginger ale seems to help. (I hate soda too)
    Hard candy especially itursy kind has helped me.
    And I know it's hard to do this but laying down for a few helps as well.
    And weirdly so does moving around. short easy walks have helped me.

Fingers crossed it calms down soon!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Omg I'm in the exact same situation:( 9 weeks and suffering from all day nausea and occasional vomiting for the past 3 weeks. So far eating something small but substantial (not just snacks and crackers) is really helping.

Yesterday I got a real turkey sandwich from Capriotti's (not deli meat so it's safe) and cut it into about two inch portions. I ate it from lunch to bedtime every time I felt slightly hungry (1 to 2 hrs). I woke up today hungry but not starving or nauseous:) It my first day of some relief so I'm very excited!

Hope this isn't a fluke for me, we'll see. HTH
  • Options
    My RE told me to take 50 mg of B6 twice a day. I am only on my first day, but it has already helped immensely. He also said that I can add 25 mg of unisom at bedtime on top of the B6. I am pregnant with twins and the puking started right at 6 weeks. Thank goodness for B6.
  • Options
    cjd&kcjd&k member

My RE told me to take 50 mg of B6 twice a day. I am only on my first day, but it has already helped immensely. He also said that I can add 25 mg of unisom at bedtime on top of the B6. I am pregnant with twins and the puking started right at 6 weeks. Thank goodness for B6.

Where can I get B6? I went to the store the other day to look for some and only found B12.
  • Options
    g8trkimg8trkim member
    I'm a teacher too. I tried to eat fruit and sometimes crackers throughout the day. It was the only thing that kept me from being completely miserable. I drank a ton of water too.

• Options
    sweetpea236sweetpea236 member
    edited May 2015
    If you were anything like I was all these suggestions will help while I took them and would immediately fade when I finished consuming the saltine, ginger ale or preggy candies. It got to the point where I had to Weigh the pros and cons of eating sugar all day / bread/crackers vs getting on medication and actually eating healthier and feeling better . Being a dental hygienist I've seen the damage that all those sweets do to new moms and didn't even want to go there lol. I got on diclegis ( given by my Obgyn ). It saved my life. I still deal with light nausea and acid reflux but the best way to describe it is that I only feel it from the neck down. I can eat almost anything in small amounts. And I can get through the day without constantly drooling or gagging lol. I know not everyone is comfortable with drugs but look into it, it might be a safer option for you, as it was for me.
  • Options
    lisafhlisafh member
    cjd&k said:

Where can I get B6? I went to the store the other day to look for some and only found B12.
    I couldn't find the 25mg dose at any store, so I purchased the B6 and Unisom from Amazon - was here in 2 days.
  • Options
    cjd&kcjd&k member
    lmf4354 said:

cjd&k said:

I couldn't find the 25mg dose at any store, so I purchased the B6 and Unisom from Amazon - was here in 2 days.
    Thank you!
  • Options
    Eat a whole lemon in the morning, that's what helped me!
  • Options
    Ginger pills with vitamin b6. I got them at a health food store. I'm 11 weeks in and 8-9 weeks were my worst... Throwing up everything I ate or drank. Salty but nothing too heavy helps and flat ginger ale. Hope you feel better soon!!
  • Options
    Unisom and B6 was the magic combo for me. Made a HUGE difference. Also, protein seemed to help, as did sour things. I drank a fair amount of lemonade when I was pregnant. 

** After  2 1/2 years of Unexplained IF, 2 failed medicated cycles, and 4 failed IUI's - our baby girl came to us through the miracle of
     Mini IVF! **

• Options
    Try preggie pops! They are all nautral candies. Taste great and they are a life saver.
  • Options
    My OB told me b6 and unisom. It works
  • Options
    So the B6 and unisom stopped working. I'm 8 weeks and the twins are kicking my nausea up a gear. My RE put me on diclegis. It is a miracle worker. It makes me more tired, but that is so much better than hugging the toilet bowl!
  • Options
    For some reason today Listerine strips are working great to get rid of the high saliva - want-to-throw-up feeling. We'll see how long this lasts!
  • Options
    I've been having the same problem lately. I've been sucking on peppermints an nibbling on saltines when I get hungry until I know I'm okay to eat a fuller meal. Also drink a lot of water.
  • Options
    Chewing gum and lemon sweets have saved me!