Pregnant after IF
Options

HPT after FET

Hello ladies. 
First, congratulations to all of you. I hope I will be joining you.

I'm just curious if any of the ladies who had success with a FET took a HPT before your beta? If so, what dpt did you get a positive? I'm currently in the 2WW, and it is killing me. I'm 6dpt today... and time is moving in slow motion. :)
*  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *
"Although the world is full of suffering, it is also full of the overcoming of it" 
--Helen Keller 

4 miscarriages: Nov 2009,  Jan 2011, Sept 2011,  Oct 2012
IVF Round 1:
3/4/15: Egg Retrieval
16 Eggs Retrieved -- 15 Fertilized via ICSI -- 10 Blastocysts Biopsied for PGD & PGS -- 2 (male) Blastocysts Remain for Transfer
5/13/15: FET -- 5/26/15: BFN
CANCELLED IVF Round 2.

Living a happy, child-free life with my best friend.
*  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *

Re: HPT after FET

• Options
    Hi there!! Good luck to you. Tww are the worst!! With my FET I got my first positive at 6dp5d FET.... It was on a dollar store hpt. It was sooooo faint but it was there. I know that is not normal. And when I got my beta it was in the 800 range. From what I read you should have the results at about 11dp. So I think each person is different. Hope this is your time!
    SIGGY WARNING//TICKER WARNING//PAIF

Long of the Short:
     TTC since April 2013  DH 42 y/o I'm 30  Dh had vasectomy reversal Feb 2013 after 3 months developed scar tissue 
     First Re appt was September 2013 OOP for everything minus meds  
    DH's TESE surgery December 2013
    First cycle was February 2014 BFN none to freeze
     Second cycle was April 2014 BFP ending in Chemical Pregnancy none to freeze
     Third cycle June 2014 BFN none to freez
     Fourth cycle October 30th 28 retrieved, 13 mature and 12 fertilized
    PICSI, assisted hatching and fresh sperm from my DH's TESE surgery used
    5 FROZEN from a freeze all cycle! 
    FET completed on DECEMBER 9TH!!!
    Beta #1 13dp5dt BFP!! 800
    Beta #2 15dp5dt 2100
    Beta #3 17dp5dt 3600 
    First Scan January 5th! Everything looks great! Heart rate of 121!
    Second Scan January 20th. Baby Justone13 looks amazing. Heart rate of 175!
    Baby Girl is due August 27th
    Liv Annmarie born 8/25 7lbs 6oz 21 1/2 inches long 

• Options
    Thank you! 
    "Although the world is full of suffering, it is also full of the overcoming of it" 
    --Helen Keller 

IVF Round 1:
    16 Eggs Retrieved -- 15 Fertilized via ICSI -- 10 Blastocysts Biopsied for PGD & PGS -- 2 (male) Blastocysts Remain for Transfer
    CANCELLED IVF Round 2.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I also tested positive on 6dp5dt of frozen babies. It was so faint, DH told me it was negative (I think due to him being color blind) and didn't believe me fully until two days later when I did a repeat test and it was darker.
    My first beta was 10 days after the transfer with a level of 242.
    I am now 7w3d and have 2 beans growing strong, very surprising after our fresh cycle ended in a m/c.
    The 2ww is terrible but when you look back, it's nothing compared to waiting 8 months to finally meet your lo.
    Good luck and positive thoughts sent your way!
  • Options
    RoeniRoeni member
    Siggy warning

I am in the 2 week wait as well. Last FET I got a clear positive 4dpt but my beta was 2476. Both embryos implanted and grew, which was probably why I got a positive than soon. I don't want to test again that soon this time and be disappointed if it's negative
  • Options
    Wow! You ladies got positive tests pretty quickly! 
    --Helen Keller 

IVF Round 1:
    CANCELLED IVF Round 2.

• Options
    I tested 6dp5dt in the evening and got a pretty strong line. It got darker from there.
  • Options
    myulamyula member
    I tested 6dp6dt and got a very obvious line on the first response test. Betas confirmed :)
  • Options
    4dp5dt I had a squinted on a wondfo. 2 days later a very obvious positive on an FRER. Good luck!
    **Signature Warning**

Dx PCOS August 2012
    Clomid x4 = BFN
    Femara+Follistim IUIs x 6 = 3 BFN, 2 C/P, 1 early miscarriage
    IVF June 2014- 43 R, 34 M, 24 F, 12 blasts frozen and severe OHSS
    FET September 12, 2014!
    Beta #1 12dp5dt- 724
    Beta #2 14dp5dt- 1631
    Beta #3 20dp5dt- 12,813
    Pending EDD at first OB appointment 11/6. Grow babies grow!

"I might have to wait. I'll never give up. I guess it's half timing, and the other half's luck. 
    Wherever you are, whenever it's right, you'll come out of nowhere and into my life." ~ Michael Buble

• Options
    FatPonyFatPony member
    I had gotten so many negative home pregnancy tests (when we were trying naturally), that I couldn't bring myself to POAS after my FET. I just couldn't deal with another negative, would've rather heard it from my doc for a change of pace. So sorry, I can't help you with my story. 

How are you hanging in there @hopeful16 ?
  • Options
    FET here too! I was testing negative until 7dpt and I had written it off as failed! Had a complete melt down crying because I was so convinced. I then did a clear blue digital in the morning and got a Pregnant. But also took a cheapie that night and I couldn't really make out the second line it was super squint/ stand in one leg/one eye open/ if you look in this light maybe there is something kind of line but my heart sunk and was convinced I might be one of the few unlucky ones with a false positive . So it wasn't until 8dpt5dt that I really tested positive on the cheapie. My beta 10dpt5dt was 255. I now 7 weeks.

POAS nearly took my sanity. I would have never been able to take the advice but if you can avoid it do try. I kept reading all these early results at 4-5 dpt and felt awful testing negative still but they have us wait for a reason.

All the best of luck to you
  • Options
    Thanks ladies. We just got back from our holiday weekend away and I just POAS... negative (12dpt). Beta is tomorrow morning. I'm doing okay. Disappointed. I think after everything my husband and I have been through, I'm beginning to be numb. DH wants to try another round... so that's the plan.
    --Helen Keller 

IVF Round 1:
    CANCELLED IVF Round 2.

• Options
    I'm so sorry dear.
    I understand the numbness and frustrations, it does not get easier.
    If you aren't ready yet, take a month or two break, enjoy the summer and summer drinks, try to have some fun to destress a bit.
  • Options
    5 days after my transfer I got a faint super faint positive on a dollar store test. The next day got a positive on a first response and a digital. The next day my beta was 42. My numbers were never high but they tricked like they were suppose to at every check. We checked every other day until we got a heart beat
  • Options
    I did not do a HPT at all during the TWW. I was too nervous of a false result and didn't want to be disappointed either way. It was rough to wait, but I'm glad I did. My first beta was 267 and my second was 516.
  • Options
    I got a faint positive on 5dp5dt. The day after the line was stronger. My beta 12dp5dt was 236. My next beta Is 6/9. Keeping my fingers crossed!
  • Options
    emikatemikat member
    I had a faint positive on 6dp5dt from my FET. It was negative on day 4, I didn't test on day 5. 

TTC 10/11. IUI 2/12. BFP 3/8/12. 4/26/12 missed mc. RE consult 5/17/12. IVF #1 ER 7/13/12 53R, 41M ICSIed, 32F, 8 5d, 6 6d blasts - all PGD/frozen. PGD results 1 normal M and 1 normal F, 1 maybe M. FET 9/6, transferred 1 F embie. Beta 9/15 BFN. FET#2 planned for 11/2012 put off until 2013. Surprise BFP 11/21/12!! My son was born on 7/24/13!

FET 4/28/2015 - Transferred 1 M embie. 5/6/15 BFP!

• Options
    I tested positive (very very faint line) 5dp5dt. I think it was so early because I was carrying triplets. We transferred two, both implanted and one split. Sadly the identical twins stopped developing after 6 weeks but I am 16 weeks pregnant with one strong healthy baby! This was our second try. Our fresh cycle didn't work and it was really hard. Hang in there, it happens! The wait is the hardest part!
  • Options
    During our first attempt, our fresh cycle, I did not take a hpt before our beta. I was afraid I could get a false read due to the trigger shot. But, when the beta was negative I was super bummed. I wish I would have known what I was going into! So in our frozen transfer I started testing very early :) I just couldn't wait! I tested at 5dpt3dt and it was negative, but then got a positive at 7dpt3dt.

Best of luck to you! It's such a tough journey - but with the best reward ❤️