Babies on the Brain

4 Positive tests, but started my period...

I have a 6 month old baby boy, and my husband and I decided that we would like to have another baby soon to have them close in age. I was 2 weeks late on my period (after being right on time for the past 5 months), but 10 or so negative PG tests. I went to have blood work done, and it came back as indeterminate. I googled this result, and seen where majority of women had got this result, taken a test, and found they were peegnant. I did this, and had 4 positive tests!! My husband and I were so excited, but then 3 days later I started bleeding and have been now for 3 days. I took 2 more tests today, and one was positive and the other was negative. I'm worried I might have had a chemical pregnancy. I went to the OB today, and had STAT bloodwork done. The doctor who done the first round of bloodwork called, and said that the bloodwork said I was at least 2 weeks pregnant, and to repeat in a few days.
Has anyone else had this happen? What was the outcome? I'm so scared and nervous to hear bad news. Any advice/experience are appreciated!

Re: 4 Positive tests, but started my period...

• You may have had a miscarriage. You need to seek medical help right away. Many prayers. <3
    Me: 22 
    DH:25
    Married since 6/19/14
    TTC since: 11/14
  • jnnfrrose6jnnfrrose6 member
    edited May 2015

You may have had a miscarriage. You need to seek medical help right away. Many prayers. <3

medical help is not necessary at this time beyond what she has already done. It sounds like it could be a chemical pregnancy, but you won't be able to confirm that until you get your numbers back from the blood test. I'm sorry you're going through this OP.
  • Loading the player...
  • How much were you bleeding? Was it a heavy flow or light? My last pregnancy, I started bleeding very lightly a little early so I thought I had started my period. It only lasted for about 3 days which was unusual so I tested and got a positive! (It was implantation bleeding) I've never experienced the mixed results. Keep us posted. Happy thoughts for you.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I did not find out blood work results until over 24 hours later. After all that waiting, they finally called and told me that I had a miscarriage. I'm so so SO upset. I was only about 3 weeks pregnant, but still...I thought I had prepared myself for that but I feel like I've been punched in the gut over and over. :(
  • I'm so sorry
  • In so sorry for your loss. Sounds like a cp to me. Not much anyone can do. You just have to wait it out. *creepy internet hugs*
  • I'm so sorry for your loss. Give your son a big hug and don't give up!
  • I'm sorry for your loss. I went through something similar and was surprised how hard it hit me. Take time to grieve if you need to. Hugs.

• I'm very sorry for your loss - I had 5 losses between a few days after my missed period (literally I got the BFP and started bleeding later in the week) and 8 weeks and 1 at 11w2d which was absolutely the worst because it was the most recent and I was so excited that I'd almost made it to the "safe zone" and then started bleeding. Make sure that you get the support you need from your husband and any other trusted friends and family members you may have shared with. With early losses it can feel isolating because nobody else knew so you have no one to talk to about it, but it still hurts and you still grieve, especially if you were trying. I always say I would have gone crazy with them but for my husband because in 4 cases he was the only one that knew and I didn't want to tell anyone after the fact.
  • Thanks everyone, I appreciate it. It does help seeing other people who go through this. I'm trying to "fake it until I make it" but it's hard. I feel guilty about it. I'm so blessed to have the baby I do have who is my whole world, and so many don't even have that. We were just so excited because we wanted kids that close. I don't know. I just keep trying to stay busy. If it's thus hard and I was just 3 weeks, my heart goes out to those who make it longer or who have had multiples mcs. ♡
  • I know exactly how you feel. LO #3 was 9 months in march & I decided I was ready for #4. Knew I was PG before I took the test. When I started spotting around 4 1/2 weeks I tried not to worry - I actually stayed so hopeful I refused to believe it was a chem. preg until I got that neg test 2 days after bleeding stopped. I only had a faint pos. to begin with.
    As hard as it was I realized having 3 good PGs and no MC before that was incredible with how common it is. Ironically, I was never fearful of a MC with my others.
    Good news is, I didn't want to wait long and Doc said it was okay to try again so we did and I am 8w4d now. I worry a bit but am trying my hardest to focus on being happy like I did with my others. Take the time you need and there is always a good chance that next try will work out just as well as your PG that have you that beautiful healthy baby you have now. Wishing you well!! *hugs*
  • I'm so sorry for your loss. I just went through something similar. I call it beta hell! After 6 blood draws and an u/s they finally concluded I had a blighted ovum.