Trying to Get Pregnant

Secrets to Surviving the Waiting Game

123457»

Re: Secrets to Surviving the Waiting Game

• @tjc378 I'm so sorry you're going through that.   :(  I'm only on my first month ttc and I already don't think I emotionally have what it takes to do this over and over again for months or possibly years.  I agree, it's very nerve wracking.

What I have been doing is focusing on my hobbies (distance running, my college course,  crafting, photography, etc.)..things I loved doing before ttc!  Try to think of the things that made you happy and inspired you before ttc.  Yes I'm a newbie here but I really think it would help you with the stress part.  It's been helping me these past 2 weeks.  Sending hugs to you xx.
    Me-25
    Husband-24
    Married Since-September 12, 2015
  • I know I'm just now TTC. And I know the odds of it happening on the first go are slim. But, we based it off ovulations and I just had high hopes. Today, would be the day AF pays a visit, so I went ahead and took a test this morning and again a BFN, just like the ones I've taken leading up to today (I think I took one everyday for 6 days straight hoping to see something, I tried Clear Blue's digital and First Response hoping to see those two little lines). So, I don't have high hopes for this month, plus things have been really stressful. However, for next month I don't want to buy test after test and keep seeing BFNs over and over again. So any advice as to when to actually take the PT? Like maybe once around the 6 days before AF and then the day after AF is supposed to pay a visit? Or simply wait until a few days after a missed period, so I can 1) Save money on PTs and 2) Not have to see BFNs day after day? Just curious as to everyone's thoughts.
  • Loading the player...
  • MotherOfFreels My advice is to not test until AF is late unless you have a reason, ie drinking event. Do you temp? Temping is a lifesaver and takes a lot of guess work out of everything.

***********************************************************************************************************************************
    ~Formerly @dogmomwantinghuman ~
    Me: 29 | DH: 31
    TTC #1 since January 2015
    BFP #1: 11/30/15| MC 12/16/15BFP # 2: 6/2/16 | EDD 2/16/17

• @CoonMom I have not. I just got AF today. Woo! (Said no woman ever, with or without TTC). I'll need to read up on temping. Thank you. 
  • Baby #1 March 2013. IUD inserted June 2013. No periods until September 2015. IUD removed February 2016. 

I have been using an app called Fertility Friend since I starting having my normal periods again in September 2015. I don't chart my temperature but I do check the CM and track intercourse. FF has been spot on about my period every single month. We started trying in February for baby #2. Then I decided to open my own in home daycare so we decided to put conception on hold until 2017. So I made sure that during my 5-6 days when I'm fertile that we would abstain from sex.

Well, May 21st he came home and ignored that part. My period was due on June 6th. I even got my pre-period cramps on the 5th. Aunt Flow is apparently lost in traffic as she hasn't shown up yet. I've taken a test every day since Wednesday since I've never been late with my period since high school (with exception of baby #1). All tests are negative so far. No early pregnancy symptoms (but didn't have any with  my son either) and no type of stress/hormone changes that could cause me to be late. 

Stocking up on pregnancy tests and I'll take one every couple of days until I get a positive result or my period. Not getting my hopes up since you would think I'd have gotten a positive result by now if I was. I'm just hoping one or the other happens soon. Having to carry liners with me every day just in case is crazy annoying.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Trying to Conceive Ticker
  • Hey everyone!  My husband and are I just starting TTC baby #1.  I am very sensitive to what is going on in my body and can typically feel when I ovulate (cramping and discomfort on one side).  This month we timed everything with opks and I felt ovulation, as usual.  A few days later I had some cramps on the same side as my ovulation cramps and now my breasts are super tender and sore.  I have 5 days until AF comes and I am going insane!!!  I know it's probably too early to test and I don't want to get my hopes up because I know it may be a long road.  Any suggestions on ways to keep my mind and body occupied?  I don't want to tell friends and I can't stop googling!!! 
  • CD 17/ 5 DPO

Trying be patient but the struggle is real. I want to test but know it's way too early. Went to a 1st birthday party yesterday and went into baby fever overload. It's hard for me not to have an annoyed look on my face when people ask me "when is #2 coming along?"  
  • SchumeratorSchumerator member
    edited June 2016
    @loveyoga7 your post would be good in the daily TWW thread :) other women there are also in their two week wait period and will be able to connect with you more! People might not notice your post over here, as it's the *secret to surviving the waiting game thread.

Edit:
    *not the intro thread 
  • @loveyoga7 your post would be good in the daily TWW thread :) other women there are also in their two week wait period and will be able to connect with you more! People might not notice your post over here, as it's the *secret to surviving the waiting game thread.

Edit:
    *not the intro thread 
    Gotcha. 
  • Hey, everyone! I'm new, I recently posted in the introductions thread.

I'm hoping just joining here and participating in the community will help with the wait. DH and I were TTC last year, and it became so stressful for me that I had to put the brakes on in January of this year. We actually succeeded during our first try, but I lost it around 6 weeks. I also lost my brother shortly after that, so it was just a sh*t time. It's still hard, but time helps more than anything. We kept trying from June-January and failed each cycle. After seemingly getting pregnant so easily the first time, it was very frustrating seeing all the BFNs.

After doing a little thinking, I want to start trying again. I'm going to start tracking my BBT starting tomorrow, and would like to start trying again next cycle. Now I'm getting annoyed waiting for my next cycle because I've been spotting for a few days, but no AF yet. Though we weren't trying this cycle, we did end up "pulling the goalie" one day on vacation. I've taken a few HPTs just in case, and they're all negative, and I really don't think I'm pregnant. I just want AF to show up so I can start a fresh chart and start trying again soon.

I look forward to being a part of the community. I think one thing that was so hard last time, was that I didn't have an outlet (apart from DH).

• Hey, everyone! I'm new, I recently posted in the introductions thread.

I'm hoping just joining here and participating in the community will help with the wait. DH and I were TTC last year, and it became so stressful for me that I had to put the brakes on in January of this year. We actually succeeded during our first try, but I lost it around 6 weeks. I also lost my brother shortly after that, so it was just a sh*t time. It's still hard, but time helps more than anything. We kept trying from June-January and failed each cycle. After seemingly getting pregnant so easily the first time, it was very frustrating seeing all the BFNs.

After doing a little thinking, I want to start trying again. I'm going to start tracking my BBT starting tomorrow, and would like to start trying again next cycle. Now I'm getting annoyed waiting for my next cycle because I've been spotting for a few days, but no AF yet. Though we weren't trying this cycle, we did end up "pulling the goalie" one day on vacation. I've taken a few HPTs just in case, and they're all negative, and I really don't think I'm pregnant. I just want AF to show up so I can start a fresh chart and start trying again soon.

I look forward to being a part of the community. I think one thing that was so hard last time, was that I didn't have an outlet (apart from DH).

Welcome @ladycirtolthiel - The two week wait (TWW) between ovulation and a new cycle is tough but I find that reading the posts here is helpful and the community is very supportive (I am new to the forums too).  I wanted to recommend a couple of books that I found helpful in understanding my cycle - Taking Control of your Fertility by Toni Weschler is very popular with great info and I also really liked The Impatient Woman's Guide to Getting Pregnant by Jean Twenge. Good luck and we will look forward to hearing more from you.  
    History and blog link in spoiler
    2016 - dx with super low ovarian reserve; failed cycle with clomid, failed IUI, 
    2017 - egg retrieval #1 - 3 eggs, 0 embryos appropriate for transfer; ER #2 2 eggs, 0 embryos on day 3; ER #3 1 egg 0 embryos
    moved to donor egg in summer 2017; 35 eggs retrieved; 19 fertilized; 9 total embryos
    Fresh transfer Dec 2017= BFP!  baby boy born 8/22/18

May 2019 - surprise natural pregnancy ended in MC
    Nov 2019 FET; MC at 9 weeks
    May 2020 FET; BFN
    July 2020 FET; CP treated with methotrexate
    Oct 2020 BFP! 

Take a look at my blog

• hello, my husband and I have been TTC for about 2 years now, we first tried on our own...for about 6 months we used ovulation charts etc with lots of frustration and tears, then a few months later I tried 4 cycles of AI with no success...feeling discouraged again... I took a break as we were married in June of last year so lots of planning for that was a good distraction as we continued to try on our own- I found out in March of this year that both of my fallopian tubes were abnormal. (they were completely blocked) so we scheduled surgery to have them both removed the first week of May, then immediately started IFV to prevent a long story that most of you already know I will fast forward- I am in the two week wait as our near perfect embryo's (DOUBLE YAY) were transferred on Sunday morning, I'm I'm nearing the end of day 4 and scheduled to go in for pregnancy test on July 8th. I have found that a very calming thing for me is to imagine the cells growing inside me into what will become a fetus, we talk about them as if they are already there and I am already pregnant of course, it will be heartbreaking if we aren't, but the journey through these next 8 days will be bearable. We celebrated our 1 year wedding anniversary the day after the transfer and I have never felt closer to my husband, he is the reason I am sane.
  • FX for you and DH @jenjamin7
    History and blog link in spoiler
    2016 - dx with super low ovarian reserve; failed cycle with clomid, failed IUI, 
    2017 - egg retrieval #1 - 3 eggs, 0 embryos appropriate for transfer; ER #2 2 eggs, 0 embryos on day 3; ER #3 1 egg 0 embryos
    moved to donor egg in summer 2017; 35 eggs retrieved; 19 fertilized; 9 total embryos
    Fresh transfer Dec 2017= BFP!  baby boy born 8/22/18

May 2019 - surprise natural pregnancy ended in MC
    Nov 2019 FET; MC at 9 weeks
    May 2020 FET; BFN
    July 2020 FET; CP treated with methotrexate
    Oct 2020 BFP! 

Take a look at my blog

• I found out yesterday that the remaining 6 of our embryo's are not good enough to be frozen, so we are just working with the transferred ones at this point, I'm pretty heartbroken because now if we decided to do a second cycle we would have to begin all over with the hormones to produce eggs etc.....very frustrated but keeping my head up, I keep feeling something in my gut that may just be the answer to our prayers.
  • I know that DH=Dear Husband, But what is FX? sorry...:)
  • @jenjamin7 I think FX means fingers crossed. I could be wrong
  • @jenjamin7 I think FX means fingers crossed. I could be wrong
    Yup! It means fingers crossed!!

These are a few that took me a while!
    IMO in my opinion. 
    FWIW For what it's worth.
    OH other half
    HIO Humping it out 
  • Thank you Ladies!

• only 2 more full days till my test. I'm about to go crazy! I'm assuming that since I haven't started my period I'm probably pregnant?
  • @laurad75 Thanks for the book recommendations! I'm about to reread TCOYF and might have to check out The Impatient Guide---- cause that definitely describes me!! ;)
    Me: 30 DH: 30
    TTC for around 1 year

• mumofmany7mumofmany7 member
    edited July 2016
    *Removed for TOU-Violation*
  • NeikodaNeikoda member
    edited July 2016
    *Removed for TOU-Violation*
    Really? 4 times?
    Me: 23 | DH: 27
    Married: 10.11.15
    MC #1: June 2014
    MC #2: December 2015
    APS Diagnosis: February 2016
    BFP 7/24, EDD 4/5/17
    Previously nweg...7878
  • well, I was negative for HCG...that is what they said when they called, for anyone like me that doesn't register immediately that that means "you are not pregnant". you're welcome. time for us to adopt.
  • I don't have any advice because I am honestly in the same boat. I'm just trying to remain positive and hopeful. Good luck!
  • I thought I was the only one feeling this way! I was absolutely devastated when it didn't happen right away and and still trying to pick myself up. My sister is pregnant with baby #2 and I can't even manage #1...

It will happen!