Trying to Get Pregnant

Secrets to Surviving the Waiting Game

Re: Secrets to Surviving the Waiting Game

• This is my 3rd month TTC. This whole tww thing sucks. I have baby fever really bad and it doesn't help that my SIL just announced that she is PG without even trying. I am trying to wait until this weekend when AF should be here but it is really hard.
  • I use kindara to track my periods, ovulation, and everything else!! My husband and I are ttc and current in the tww.. I'm 13 dpo! I took a hpt yesterday and it was negative :( looks like im going to have to do all of this again next month! My cycles are 34 days so I'm due oct 11 maybe I tested to early? I used a opk this month and my DH and I had sex three consecutive days prior to testing positive then the day I tested positive and 3 days after... I was really hoping to get preggers this month...
  • Loading the player...
  • Hey all! I've been lurking for a little while and love this board! I have a two-year-old son and DH and I have been NPNT since he was born and actively trying for a little over a year now. I don't chart my BBT but I have been taking Clomid (100 this month) and using OPKs. If I'm not successful this month I'm going to start charting BBT. Up until now my OB just told me to take the clomid and then BD every other day and use the OPKs and not to worry about my BBT. I'm 9DPO right now and this TWW is the WORST! I'm distracting myself by working on losing weight. I have PCOS and have just started Metformin. I've lost 10 pounds so far! So my only consolation in not being pregnant is more time to lose weight so that when/if I do get a BFP I will be in better shape than I am now. Has anyone else used Metformin and Clomid together? The side effects are killer! A BFP would be worth it though!
  • Hi all Im new to bump.. My Periods due on 15th.. cant wait.. its killing me.. still no signs at all :(
  • shamipati said:

Hi all Im new to bump.. My Periods due on 15th.. cant wait.. its killing me.. still no signs at all :(

Mine is due the 11!!! I tested a few times but didn't get a bfp :(
  • Same here.. Tested few minutes ago.. Its negative again :(:'(
  • @amberlynnp13 & @shamipati don't despair just yet! There might still be a chance to get a BFP. If you're testing too early or if your cycle decided to be longer this time around. I've seen somewhere that it's always best to do a pregnancy test the day that you're due for AF or a few days later. Since technically, there's more of that hormone to detect in your urine after you should expect AF. Good luck!!
    Me:29
    DH: 25
    Married: August 2014
    TTC#1: February 2015
  • @shamipati and @amberlynnp13, I feel your pain. Just caved and took a test at 11 DPO. BFN, of course. Reaaaally not looking forward to another full month of this whole routine, especially since I'm seeing an RE, which means lots of early morning appointment before work! It's so stressful!
  • Thanks @LiterallyAmy.. Im hopeless though.. Coz i dont have any signs and due periods on 15th.. But u gave me a little hope and it means a lot for me..
  • Hi everyone! Newbie here. today marks 2 years of TTC. It has been extremely hard and emotional like most you know. I'm finally starting the IVF process in a few weeks after many months of pre testing. This not easy but I am so happy to read a lot your comments! Makes it easier on the heart to know I'm not alone.
  • good luck with the IVF @ojoyz ! Reading your comment also made me feel a bit better to know that others are going through the same thing... AF came this morning and it was the morning I was gonna test. Was starting to get a bit excited to test last night, now reality of another month of ttc is sinking in. DH keeps asking if there is something wrong and how we have to try harder next time.. which made me more upset. terrible cramps, very moody and depressed on top of it all. I'm sure you all are familiar with the deal.

Yesterday I went for a beautiful hike and had a chance to appreciate natural beauty. That always maybe me feel a bit better. Will plan another hike soon. ;)
    Me:35, DH 37  ~ Married July 2014
    ttc July 2015 ~ bfp Nov 2015 (cp)
    bfp Dec 2015 ~ (tfmr 17wk, March 2016, genetic disease)
    ttcal May 2016
  • I set a countdown on my phone for the first day I will allow myself to test ... I'm hoping That keeps early testing at bay in my brain!!!
  • ojoyz said:
    Hi everyone! Newbie here. today marks 2 years of TTC. It has been extremely hard and emotional like most you know. I'm finally starting the IVF process in a few weeks after many months of pre testing. This not easy but I am so happy to read a lot your comments! Makes it easier on the heart to know I'm not alone.
    Good luck with the IVF @ojoyz ! Keep us posted! 
  • Hi everyone I am new on here, we are on #3 TTC currently on this dreadful 2WW. Good luck and baby dust to all
  • Hi everyone I am new on here, we are on #3 TTC currently on this dreadful 2WW. Good luck and baby dust to all

Please don't use baby dust here. It reminds loss mom's of their cremated little ones.

• Hello all...took a little break from this board. I've been so frustrated lately and have had a difficult time being positive. I didn't want to spread my bitterness.

Each month the TWW followed by a BFN is just torture. I'm thankful to have this forum to remind me that I'm not alone in this struggle.

Today a coworker of mine announced that she is pregnant with her third and that it is a "happy accident". She went on to talk about how blessed she is and how it is God's plan for her to be a mother again... I wanted to choke her the entire time she was talking.

How do you all find ways to be supportive of others when you're struggling TTC? I don't want to be a bitter shrew when it's obviously not this other woman's fault.
  • Thanks.  This was helpful!

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Married: October 23, 2010

DS: 8/7/2013

#2 EDD: 6/29/2016, C Section: 6/22/2016

• I feel like Schrodinger's cat waiting. This is our first cycle and I havent done much more than monitor CF and BD with the hubby daily based on when the window should be. I tried using an ovulation kit but I think i did it wrong. 

Schrodinger's cat out in a box with poisoned food. When the box was shut the cat was both dead and alive until you were able to open the box and check. 

I feel like Schrodinger's Pregnancy. I am both pregnant and not pregnant until I either start AF or I get a positive pregnancy test. I have 2 in my house and it's taking everything inside me not to use the tests. I am prepping as if i am pregnant and I have started eating better and exercising for the past 4 months.

Yup, Schrodinger's Pregnancy, that's me... 
    Me: 27
    DH: 29
    BFP: 10/25/2015
    EDD: 7/5/2015!!

• mgrote85 said:
    Hello all...took a little break from this board. I've been so frustrated lately and have had a difficult time being positive. I didn't want to spread my bitterness. Each month the TWW followed by a BFN is just torture. I'm thankful to have this forum to remind me that I'm not alone in this struggle. Today a coworker of mine announced that she is pregnant with her third and that it is a "happy accident". She went on to talk about how blessed she is and how it is God's plan for her to be a mother again... I wanted to choke her the entire time she was talking. How do you all find ways to be supportive of others when you're struggling TTC? I don't want to be a bitter shrew when it's obviously not this other woman's fault.

We have only been trying 2 months so take this for what it's worth. I'm sure my bitterness will grow in time, although having this forum has been immeasurably helpful. I've had 2 acquaintances announce accidental pregnancies since we've started trying (can't tell if it's a coincidence or if this stuff always happens and I just never noticed/ cared before). I try to remember that their fertility has nothing to do with mine and that there are not a limited number of babies in the world (and that mine will probably be better anyway so it's worth the wait ha!). Also not being religious helps me in these situations because I don't think I'm being denied a baby or that someone else is being blessed with one- it's all a numbers game and life is just random and unfair. You're doing everything you can to become pregnant. You're dealing with the emotional stress of other people the best you can. You have a right to feel absolutely however you feel, even if it's dark and uncomfortable. And you have the power to smile and say congrats while in your head rolling your eyes and continuing to focus on your situation. Also know that we, the other women of the world TTC, are also rolling our eyes at this woman with you! Farts to her. Focus on you. You're awesome.
  • mgrote85 P.S. Someday when you are pregnant, if you really want to be a turd (hey pay back is a bitch!), tell her how you meticulously planned your pregnancy and you feel that it's so much better to plan things out and be in an optimal situation before bringing another person into the world. How SOME people must have such a hard time being thrown into the situation without taking prenatals (oh the risk of complications!) or having a good savings built up, or having to worry if their spouse is really happy about it, etc etc etc.

Obviously it's fine to get pregnant in either situation, but the inconsiderate, condescending talk can go both ways. This is obviously the super catty thing to do, but hey sometimes knowing you could say hurtful shit back if you wanted to, and then being the better person and not saying it, is helpful in itself.
  • mgrote85 said:
    Hello all...took a little break from this board. I've been so frustrated lately and have had a difficult time being positive. I didn't want to spread my bitterness. Each month the TWW followed by a BFN is just torture. I'm thankful to have this forum to remind me that I'm not alone in this struggle. Today a coworker of mine announced that she is pregnant with her third and that it is a "happy accident". She went on to talk about how blessed she is and how it is God's plan for her to be a mother again... I wanted to choke her the entire time she was talking. How do you all find ways to be supportive of others when you're struggling TTC? I don't want to be a bitter shrew when it's obviously not this other woman's fault.

@mgrote85 I know its not an easy venture TTC and having so many pregnancy announcement around you. I hear ya loud and clear in that department. I am not sure what your story is or how long you have been TTC, but you are right, you are not alone! We are all there for you!  Not sure what your method is, but I found it fun to lurk through the "TWW" threads. There's a mix of bitterness and happiness at the same time. The ladies are just all trying to understand their own bodies in this scenario and with the added "Getting to know you" question at the end, it makes it a bit more personal and friendlier.
    If I am allowed to say this one advice though, I know that attitude is everything. I know that I started reading this particular thread with a whole lot of bitterness after finding out that my younger SIL got KU without even trying and not in a very good situation. Where my husband and I have been trying since February 2015. I had my meltdown and my crying session and now, I try to make the most of the situation and help her in any way that I can. It's not easy, but I try to start off each new day with a smile. :)
    My sister when through 6 years of TTC before conceiving and having her little girl. She is now pregnant again. If she can go through 6 years of it, I can at least survive a year. FX that it doesn't take that long for me or anyone else! 
    *Hugs*
  • ijstarr28 said:
    I feel like Schrodinger's cat waiting. This is our first cycle and I havent done much more than monitor CF and BD with the hubby daily based on when the window should be. I tried using an ovulation kit but I think i did it wrong. 

Schrodinger's cat out in a box with poisoned food. When the box was shut the cat was both dead and alive until you were able to open the box and check. 

I feel like Schrodinger's Pregnancy. I am both pregnant and not pregnant until I either start AF or I get a positive pregnancy test. I have 2 in my house and it's taking everything inside me not to use the tests. I am prepping as if i am pregnant and I have started eating better and exercising for the past 4 months.

Yup, Schrodinger's Pregnancy, that's me... 

@ijstarr28 LOL That is what I have said each TWW, even a couple of my close friends know what I mean when I say I'm Schrodinger's cat right now.  I'm only 4 cycles in so I still enjoy being able to think I might be more than the WTO when you know you are not.
  • This is my first cycle and I'm in the 3rd phase of my menstral cycle. Every little internal feeling makes me insaine! Are those cramps? Is it gas? Is it 'implantation pain'? Right now my boobs are KILLING ME and is it because I work out or am I pregnant? I even took an early response test just to see even tho AF is over a week away just to see. I'm going batty! The test was negative (not positive)... I knew it would be and I'm not giving up hope this cycle. The Internet is a double edged sword! Too much info is making me question everything!

• @noelietrex @Lilybee8614 Thanks to you both for your responses. I've been feeling particularly low the past few cycles and I think I just needed to vent in a forum where I felt safe/like people would understand. Now I think I'm ready to put on my big girl panties, stop my pity party, and try again.

Thanks for the virtual support. It was MUCH needed. :)
  • Keeping your panties on while you try might be part of the problem ;)

Seriously tho, keep up the high spirits and good luck!

• Ok so I found this hilarious post! Waiting is definitely a b**** and pregnancy tests can be the devil! Have a good laugh and read the following post:

https://www.chicagonow.com/chi-town-mommy-mayhem/2013/09/im-addicted-to-taking-home-pregnancy-tests/
  • KattFayyKattFayy member
    edited October 2015
  • https://www.asweetaromablog.com/2015/10/why-sunday-was-hardest-day-in.html?m=1

I tried to start a new discussion with this, but for some reason, my account is not letting me. Anyway, I found this a heart wrenching read, one that left me crying but in a good way... You know, the cry of "I thought I was the only one that felt this way and was starting to doubt my sanity" ... I'm sure some of you know what I'm talking about. Anyway, I felt compelled to share it with you ladies, because I thought it may help someone else.. I know it helped me tonight.

Married May 2014
    TTC Nov 2014-Aug 2016
    Aug 2015 Dx: Thyroid Cancer and Hashimotos
    Total Thyroidectomy October 2015 
    Ovarian Cystectomy Nov 2015
    CANCER FREE and resumed TTC Dec 2015.

• @gardeniagirlknits thanks for sharing that article. It really touched me as I can relate so well. Last Sunday was very difficult. I nearly cried when I walked into church and began praying. Then two minutes later a baby sat directly in front of me. It was so hard to keep it together.

***********************************************************************************************************************************
    ~Formerly @dogmomwantinghuman ~
    Me: 29 | DH: 31
    TTC #1 since January 2015
    BFP #1: 11/30/15| MC 12/16/15BFP # 2: 6/2/16 | EDD 2/16/17

• This waiting game is stressful! I feel like when your not trying you get pregnant on the first mistake and when your trying I feel like it's impossible to get pregnant. On my 3rd month of TTC and it doesn't get any easier seeing everyone on Facebook announcing their pregnant. I read that stress is bad but I'm not sure how else to feel when all I want is to see a positive pregnancy test! Hopefully 3rd time is a charm!
  • Thank you for posting the link about home pregnancy tests!! Im going to *try* my absolute best to not test until im atleast a few days late for af (which is due next week) I experienced getting a early faint positive last month and then af turned up 3 days later. Defo dont want to go through that again!
    going to keep positive vibes going :-)
  • Hey everybody I'm TTC for our first baby and this is prolly our first official try iv been off the pill for a little over a month now and we are now in out tww!! I know most likely I won't be PG on the first try, but I know it can happen!! I would love to hear people success after being on longterm birth control,( its been about 7 years) and I am hoping for a fall 16 baby!!!
  • @charlet29 -- If you're looking for success stories, then try the first trimester board. This is the Trying To Get Pregnant board -- many of us are still trying for our first.
    Also -- keep in mind that it can take a healthy couple up to a year to conceive.

Me: 30 | DH: 34 | DSS: 14 | DS: 4
    PG #2, EDD 10/12/2023

• I'm in the same boat. Have friends who "tried" for less than a month and came up with BFP. The friend was afraid to tell me because she thought it might upset me. But I assured her, while it only makes me want a baby more, it makes me happy for her. I wouldn't wish infertility on anyone... I know you wouldn't either. My point is: I think it is totally normal to feel the way your feeling. I have felt it too
  • tennisbabymama I totally understand.  My TWW isn't up until 12/3/2015 and I'm going a little bit nuts. DH doesn't seem to be affected at all.  I just need time fly right on by so I can know one way or another what's happening.  
    Me (39) | DH (41)
    Married: 5/31/2014
    TTC #1 since 10/2014
    SA: Count/Motility = Good/Decent; Morphology = 6%
    HSG: All clear
    November 2015: 100mg of Clomid for 5 days, 1 -75mg injection of Follistim 
    4 mature follicles! - RE cancelled cycle (bummed)
    Course of action is medication and TI
    May 2016: 100mg Clomid for 5 days, Estrace for 5 days, Mucinex for DH and I during ovulation week, 100mg progesterone & a baby aspirin until I get BFN (so of course I'm hoping to have to continue taking them). DH is now also taking a multi-vitamin with Zinc.
    Course of action is still medication and TI
  • When the test line is the same color or darker then the control line you will be ovulating within the next 24-48 hours.
  • OK so AF was due today and no sign yet I don't really feel pg I don't really want to take a hpt because I feel like many I'm just regulating after being off BC, did anybody else experience this? How long did it take u to regulate?
  • @charlet29 I am not sure how long it will last but I'm right there with you. I've been off BC for about 3 months I had my first period last month after CD50 I am now on CD42 this month and no sign of AF not even a tiny cramp! My doctor told me roughly 3-6 months to regulate to normal.

It's so funny when you are younger you are always told don't miss a pill, make sure you take it the same time every day. Then 3 months off it and nothing :) go figure lol

Pregnancy Ticker
  • My husband and I I just decided to start TTC. My first 2WW is out of the way, with AF due today. Got a BFN this morning, so perhaps my cycle was just off, but I did base it on an ovulation test.

For those of you need cheaper tests -Amazon sells of from a company called easy@home. You can get combo ovulation/hpt too.
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
  • @charlet29 and @Jenniferd0527 - I went off BC in April. I am just NOW getting regular. AF was right on the dot this month, exactly 36 days. I know each person is different, but it took around 6 or 7 months. I was on BCPS for around 12 years. I hope that helps.