3rd Trimester
Options

Barely passed glucose test

talia770talia770 member
edited May 2015 in 3rd Trimester
Barely passed my glucose test, so now what? What does that mean I should do ?

Re: Barely passed glucose test

• Options
    If you passed, you passed. Continue to healthy, balanced diet throughout your pregnancy.
    Coffee Bean Born 6/13/15.
    2nd round exp 8/20/18.
    Meow.
  • Options
    Agree with PP. If your doctor didn't tell you that there was anything specific you needed to do, just keep doing what you're doing.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    same here- then 4 wks later my doc decided I need another one as a precaution. Just be ready that it could be a possibility.

BabyFetus Ticker 
    Little dude will be here before we know it!

• Options
    talia770 said:

Barely passed my glucose test, so now what? What does that mean I should do ?

Ask your doctor. I squeaked by both pregnancies. I chose to do a GD diet just to be on the safe side.

LFAF Summer 2016 Awards:

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Options
    Did you fast? The one hour tests without fasting are not that accurate. Everyone I know who ate at all before, failed. Myself included. Then we all passed the two hour that requires fasting. My numbers were so far below on the two hour test it was ridiculous. I do love ice cream right now, but I eat healthy 90% of the time, work out and have no medical history, soooo I'm not going to change anything. I wouldn't worry too much!
  • Options
    Did you fast? The one hour tests without fasting are not that accurate. Everyone I know who ate at all before, failed. Myself included. Then we all passed the two hour that requires fasting. My numbers were so far below on the two hour test it was ridiculous. I do love ice cream right now, but I eat healthy 90% of the time, work out and have no medical history, soooo I'm not going to change anything. I wouldn't worry too much!
    I fasted before my 1 hour and failed. I asked my OB if it mattered or not, and she said that it really doesn't. Passed the 3 hour overall, but my 1 hour number was still too high. The 1 hour is the 'screening test' and a lot of people who fail it wind up passing the 2 or 3 hour just because they need a little bit more time to process that huge amount of sugar.