September 2015 Moms
Options

Vaccines yes or no?

I've read cases in which vaccinations have lead to a lot of negative situations with infants and I'm leaning towards being an anti vaccine mom now

Re: Vaccines yes or no?

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    KERJFKERJF member
    H*ll yes we vaccinate.
    We delay the hep b at birth to the 3m appt but that is the one and only that we delay and our midwife and pedi are always on board with that.

imageimage
  • Options
    It's one thing to go a homeopathic route with kids and still get them vaccinated and another just to be stupid!
  • Options
    KERJF said:

H*ll yes we vaccinate.
    We delay the hep b at birth to the 3m appt but that is the one and only that we delay and our midwife and pedi are always on board with that.

That's true as much as I am pro-vaccine we do delay that one until we have BFing well established, so we typically do that at the 2 week appointment.  But if it were something I was actually worried about baby contracting I would get it at birth without reservations.
  • Options
    You should check out Roald Dahl's tragic story...
    We will always vaccinate.
  • Options
    Ali8348Ali8348 member
    Definitely yes. Vaccinated our first and will be vaccinating this one. It's very important for the health of your child and the children around you that cannot receive vaccinations.
  • Options
    Very interesting @troopersmom I would have vaccinated anyway but I didn't realize how much more there was to Roald Dahl!
  • Options
    sschwege said:

KERJF said:

H*ll yes we vaccinate.

That's true as much as I am pro-vaccine we do delay that one until we have BFing well established, so we typically do that at the 2 week appointment.  But if it were something I was actually worried about baby contracting I would get it at birth without reservations.
    We're pro-vaccine as well. However I haven't seen a reason to delay this one. Can you point me to research? I looked it up and I can't find anything decent that isn't shrouded as a scare tactic.
  • Options
    I will definitely be vaccinating my baby. Like my 1st I will space them out.
  • Options
    Please vaccinate your children. Go with whatever schedule you are comfortable with for the sake of spacing, just so long as you get them!! It's so important for the reasons stated by PP's!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    @FinalyFound I don't disagree with you!
  • Options
    We will definitely be giving LO all of the recommended vaccines. However, like some PP, we will be spreading them out and I will delay Hep B, until a future check up (something about injecting baby the day he is born bothers me, and I feel confident it is not a concern in the first month). I am completely pro-vax, but I like the idea of only loading LO up with 2 shots max at a time. It means more visits to the pediatrician but it also means if there is a reaction, it will be much easier to narrow down what caused it. We will loosely be following Dr. Sears schedule (even though I don't agree with all of his theories).
  • Options
    I'm not going to read any comments but please vaccinate your kids, don't take advice from a celebrity without a medical degree , I'd rather my kid have the risk of autism (which was found negative recently and a false study ) than polio or hepatitis
  • Options
    We vaccinated DS1 and plan to do so with DS2 as well. If you are thinking of not vaccinating, make sure that you check with your pediatricians office. Many pediatricians will not accept patients that are not vaccinated (without a specific medical reason like an allergy or other complication). And I will echo what other PP have mentioned, to make sure you are getting all of your information from credible sources that are backed up with research.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    megs1409 said:

We vaccinated DS1 and plan to do so with DS2 as well. If you are thinking of not vaccinating, make sure that you check with your pediatricians office. Many pediatricians will not accept patients that are not vaccinated (without a specific medical reason like an allergy or other complication). And I will echo what other PP have mentioned, to make sure you are getting all of your information from credible sources that are backed up with research.

This as well. Our pediatrician that we selected has their vaccination policy on their website and it states they do not see unvaccinated children and won't refer you to a dr that does.

This policy was the deciding factor over another office.
  • Options
    IzziesIzzies member
    We vaccinate our children, i do have conserns with the vaccines but the risk is to great to not vaccinate my children. We spread out vaccines so that she does not recieve as many shots at a time due to conserns with reactions. I do wish that we were able to get preservative free vaccines here, but they are not available in the states yet.
  • Options
    We are 100% vaccinating our girl.