TTC After a Loss

New here

BabylovecaliBabylovecali member
edited May 2015 in TTC After a Loss
Hello, I'm new to this board. I have been on the TTC board for the past month lurking and the Miscarriage/Loss board. I thought I would introduce myself here as you ladies know first hand what I'm going through. I got my first BFP in January 2015 on my first cycle of trying and we were so excited. Since I'm relatively young and healthy, with no risk factors, my OB didn't want to do an US until I was 12 weeks pregnant. We went in for the 1st US and found out the baby stopped developing around 8 wks4days. I had no bleeding or cramping to clue me in that anything was wrong. I had the typical pregnancy symptoms: M/S, fatigue, constipation, some of my coworkers even said I had "the glow." It was a total shock to say the least. 3 of my coworkers including me all had miscarriages within 3 weeks of each other and were all due at the same time. Isn't that odd? They were doing a lot of construction/renovation on our unit at the time and our job can get pretty stressful sometimes, so who knows if those things are related. I had a D&C 5 days later, which went smoothly and quickly. My doctor said to wait 2 cycles before trying again so come June we are in the clear! I'm very excited to try again but also nervous too. I'm a nurse in L&D and postpartum so I'm constantly reminded of what I don't have. I'm trying to stay positive though. I'm looking forward to getting to know everyone on this board and hope we can support each other on this journey together!

Re: New here

• I am sorry for your loss. I do not think I could work L&D right now and not come home emotionally drained and angry. I am only a week out from d&c and am in the angry/jealous stage of grief. I pray that you will get your rainbow baby soon! I guess working on that side you see the good that can come after loss.
  • I am so sorry for your loss. My miscarriage was recently induced... I have so many mixed emotions... You are def a strong person because I know I couldn't work L&D right now... It would be too much on me. Coming to my ob's office and seeing pregnant women everywhere is hard enough for me... I pray that you get your healthy rainbow baby soon!
    "Because of the littleness of your faith; for truly I say to you, if you have faith the size of a mustard seed, you will say to this mountain, 'Move from here to there,' and it will move; and nothing will be impossible to you. 
  • Loading the player...
  • So sorry for your loss. Our stories sound very similar. Positive bfp Jan. 2015 after 1 cycle ttc. Baby stopped growing at 7 weeks 5 days. Had a d&c at 12 weeks. I just finished my second cycle. We are excited to try again! I just started temping and charting. Good luck!
  • lilp2015 said:

So sorry for your loss. Our stories sound very similar. Positive bfp Jan. 2015 after 1 cycle ttc. Baby stopped growing at 7 weeks 5 days. Had a d&c at 12 weeks. I just finished my second cycle. We are excited to try again! I just started temping and charting. Good luck!

Yes, very similar. I just started temping and charting too. FX for our BFPs!!!
  • I am so sorry for your loss and your colleagues too! I just recently had a natural mc but had to have d&c to clear the rest as I was bleeding out too much. We are ttc again already and I hope you get your bfp very soon! I am waiting to see if AF shows up, if not then I'll test. All the best! :)