April 2015 Moms

Sex after baby?!

I had my daughter on 4/27 vaginally.
I had 3 stitches. One on my vaginal floor and two on my labia. The stitches in my labia have healed and fallen out. I'm unsure about the one on my opening. My bleeding has slowed and is brown. I know they recommend waiting 4 to six weeks but my husband and I are going crazy. Have any ladies had sex before the 6 weeks?? How did it go? And any tips?

Re: Sex after baby?!

• RSupryRSupry member
    I wouldn't risk it. The reason they tell you to wait is to make sure your cervix is fully closed. The risk of some kind of infection is greater before the six week mark. If you really want to rush it make an earlier appointment with your doctor to see if she will clear you for sex.
  • There's just so much conflicting info online. The risk of infection is really the only thing I'm concerned about.
  • Loading the player...
  • I honestly wouldn't do it until your doctor clears you, not only for risk of infection but also the possibility of retearing. I delivered on 4/5 and am at 6 weeks now but I honestly don't feel ready. You know your body and a lot of people don't listen to their doctor anyway. Just remember that even if you haven't had another period yet, you could still get pregnant again if you don't use BC. And a few other ladies who have gotten back in the saddle would advise to use lube. There was a post about sex about a week ago.
  • Didn't see it. Ill,take a look, thank you!
  • My husband I didn't wait the full six weeks but I had a cesarian and I was no longer bleeding, at all. I had a doctor's visit afterwards and there no issues from it.
  • We waited just under 5 weeks to resume sex. I just listened to my body. Luckily I only had a couple 1st degree tears. Prior to actual sex, we did some foreplay oral sex. It was tough to wait that long but I'm glad I gave my body time to somewhat heal. Now at 7 weeks post partum, sex is staring to feel normal again, even though we still go very slow.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • So I know this post was about when it was okay to have sex but I didn't want to create a new thread.

I am 7.5 weeks pp. I got the all clear 2 weeks ago and have wanted to have sex for about a week now. My husband is not interested. I don't know what to do. He always tells me I'm beautiful. I tell him I want to and he says we will but it never happens. I had to have an emergency c section and he ended up seeing way more than we wanted him to. So I don't know if that is why...he won't talk to me about it.

Is anyone else in a similar situation? Or does anyone have advice?
  • RSupryRSupry member
    @smilesallaround - I have the same problem I've been wanting to have sex for a long time, my husband was freaked out by the idea of having sex with me while pregnant so it has been a long time. Now I'm almost 8 wks pp and he doesn't seem interested. I've talked to him about it and he says he wants to make sure I'm all healed, but the OB already gave me the all clear. He also said he wants to wait until I'm back in regular pants. I'm still wearing maternity pants. Then he had the nerve to say he didn't think it would take this long for it to happen b/c I was back into my jeans faster last time.
    Then I have to explain that it is more difficult this since this is my second baby in 2 years.
    But of course he doesn't understand. I don't really have any advice but I do feel your pain, it stinks.
  • @RSupry I'm sorry you are going through it also. I am only a few pounds away from my pre pregnancy weight but I definitely have a bit of work before I'm back in my pre pregnancy pants. I wish or husband's were more understanding.