TTC after 35

New Here - First Post :)

Am I pregnant if... Haha just kidding ;)

I've been spending my 72 hour wait period reading up, lurking, and trying to familiarize myself with the lingo here so hopefully I won't be too annoying as a newbie ;)

My name is Caroline (or just Cara), I'm 35 and TTC for the first time. I had a bit of a late start with some things so I'm newly married and my husband and I both agree we don't want to waste any time. Last month was our first cycle of trying and I was 10 days late and wondering but alas - AF showed up on Friday. I actually thought t might not be that easy the first time ever but I had never been on BC or anything so I thought maybe that was in my favor? Maybe this month! :)

I'm excited to get to know some people here and chat about all of this! I've wanted babies for a very long time and would have loved to start sooner but it's just not how my life went so hopefully this is my year for it.

Hope to talk to some of you soon! Was my first post ok? I did read all the annoying newbie stuff thread. Haha!

Re: New Here - First Post :)

• Welcome and good luck! Hope your stay here us short :) first post was great ;)
  • Welcome. You are off to a great start here. First post is perfect!!!!
    Have fun ttc for 6 months, if you don't get your BFP by then you can take things further with testing or going to an RE. Let's hope you are successful before then.
    Periods can change at anytime. If you want to optimize your chances, you can chart your temps on fertility friend and use opk's. Then next time you are "late" you will not be surprised. Our luteal phase rarely changes in length so if you can confirm ovulation you will always know your period will come X amount of days later.
    So welcome and good luck.

Me:39, DH:40

DD born 8/96, DS born 8/04

TTC#3

NTNP since 2006, active trying 1/13

Natural M/C 3/13 at 7 weeks

CP 2/14

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

imageimage

All welcome

• Loading the player...
  • FemShepFemShep member
    Welcome and good luck!
  • Thank you for the replies everyone! :) and for the great advice and info! I need to learn more about charting temps and all that for ovulation time. :)
  • Welcome @carazona5!  Great first post!  We don't get very easily annoyed with people, so you're pretty safe here.  GOOD LUCK!
    *** Child & current pregnancy mentioned ***
    Me - 41 (PCOS), Hubby - 43 (healthy)
    7/2013 - Sweet baby girl born (Clomid + TI)
    3/2014 - TTC #2, return to RE 7/2014
    12/2015: IVF #1 transferred two great looking embryos - BFP!
    First ultrasound: TWO beautiful little heartbeats!!
    Harmony: negative; level 2: babies look great and are boy/girl! :) 
  • Welcome and good luck!
    <a href="http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/5677e2">My Ovulation Chart</a>
  • Welcome and Good Luck

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker
  • KLake42KLake42 member
    Welcome!
    Me- 39 (turning 40 in April), TTC for the first time ever (since Jan 2015), low ovarian reserve
    Married 3/14/14 to my wonderful wife, but her sperm count is rather low
    TTC with frozen donor sperm and science

7 IUIs, 7 BFNs.
    2 IVF attempts, both cancelled and converted to IUI, both BFNs.
    Decided that my tired old ovaries are ready to retire.
    Next step- reciprocal IVF, using my wife's eggs, my uterus!  
    fresh 5 day transfer (2 embryos) 4/17/17- BFP! 
    Identical twins "due" 1/2/17 (but anticipated arrival sometime December)

• GK2009GK2009 member
    Welcome and good luck to you!