December 2014 Moms

Mil driving me crazy, help

Im sorry if this turns into a bit of a rant but my mother n law is driving me crazy. My daughter is 5 month old now and I thought it would be getting better but it's not. She over stepping her boundrys, if I am on a family outing with just my husband and baby she is call each of us about 5 times each regardless if we answer or not. She called everyday for me to send her pictures and if I don't with in the hour she starts to text me to send pictures. It wouldnt bug me so much but she isn't even nice about it. If we are visiting her house, no one not even my husband or I can even touch our baby. If I teller to stop something she is doing to my baby she will give me a dirty look stop doing it for maybe 10 minutes and then start doing it again. I am a very calm person but she is slowly pushing me to my breaking point. Please give me some advice so I don't lose it. Or please tell me I'm not alone here.

Re: Mil driving me crazy, help

• That sounds awful! Sometimes my MIL does those things but she lives far away. You have to get your husband to help. We have an agreement. My parents are my problem, his parents are his problem and you should defend one another!
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • That sounds awful. I agree with damerida. Your husband has to do something. Each responsible for their own family. If it comes from you it would cause more problems. Kindly speak to hubby and get him to deal with it in a way he knows works with your mil. Good luck!
  • Loading the player...
  • SoyyoyarySoyyoyary member
    edited May 2015
    Wow.. I had a issue with MIL at the beginning but I nipped in the butt.. I'm very short temper so I understand it may not work for you, but I just told her straightstraight out you had your time with your children made your own mistakes, now its our turn DH does back me up 100%. I also agree with the other ladies talk to your DH.. Good luck
  • This is exactly my life, minus a few things. I would give advice but I'm looking for advice myself, lol. It's a tough life.
  • I will have to talk to my husband but I like that advise that she had her turn with her kids. I have told her before that I want to enjoy my baby and not leave her with everyone.
  • diz1313diz1313 member
    : / see if your husband will handle it.... it's his monkeys and therefore his circus. If he won't, you are going to have to play hardball or you are going to be miserable.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
  • Omg, this is exactly like my mother-in-law!! She even wanted to start feeding the baby solids when the pedi had expressly told me not to start! The worst part is that she has a martyr face on whenever I tell her something's not okay. It makes me feel bad, but the alternative is not having my baby's back... Ugh.
  • Have MiL issues too, but luckily pretty minor compared to some of these! Lately she seems to have mellowed out towards both me and my hubby — so that's been good. 

Anyone here have a son? I do and I must admit it scares to me to think one day I might be the dreaded MiL! Hopefully I'll get along beautifully with any future DiL but you never really know! (I know this a looong way off, but having a son has shifted my worldview, including how I think of MiLs!) 
  • My mil tried to feed my baby too. This would bother me but she does not eat healthy and tries to give my baby junk. I have to freak out each time. So she stop but of course only for that day. I really do think she believes tomorrow is a new day and I will let her do whatever she wants.
  • Wow! I feel for you! You have to talk to her with your hubby & set boundaries ASAP! And you need to be stern about it otherwise you'll be dealing with this for a long time!
  • My in-laws are weird too, but they live on the other end of the country so I don't have to deal with it too much. They think we should have given her rice cereal in her bottle (and pushed the issue too hard). They didn't like her middle name and told us not to give her that middle name. The middle name is Michelle and they didn't like it because their adopted children's birth mother was bad news and her name is Michelle. They had the audacity to say I was naming my kid after her.
  • Well everyday is a new day and the crazy never stops. My mil bugged enough to were we left baby with her for a few hours, so we go to pick her up and she is telling me that baby sits up and she can hold her own bottle and stuff I already know I am the mom. So I tell her I know and she tell me that she is missing out on everything and is going to quit her job to help me take care of my baby. I hope it was just a bad joke cuz I wasn't laughing.
  • My mother-in-law just expects to be obeyed. Period. Every time I disagree with anything she says she did, she has this droopy face that brings my whole energy down. She even complained to my husband that I'm not sharing the baby enough... Sharing in her opinion is letting her play with the baby as much as she wants, feeding her and putting her to sleep.. I feel like I was supposed to birth the baby and hand her over to her.. I mean I'm the mother..why can't she understand that?