Pregnant after IF
Options

Any tips for not getting sick/helping allergies? Help! I can't breathe.

I was sick for a week with a nasty cold. My doc put me on a z-pack, which cleared things up in about a week. About 2 days after that cleared up, I got hit with either crazy allergies or another cold. I'm hoping it's just allergies because the mucus is mostly clear. I've just never had allergies this bad, and I take Allegra every day. Could this just be because I'm pregnant? What can I do? I can't breathe through my nose at all and I almost passed out the other day at work. I didn't feel safe driving yesterday so I stayed home. I'm taking my vitamins, allergy meds, resting, elevating my head, using saline solution, drinking juice, eating soup, all the basics. I'm in a band and I have to perform at a benefit today and I don't know how I'm going to pull this off. As my full time job, I work with children with special needs, so being around kids all day, I'm exposed to a lot of germs. I try to wash my hands a lot, but I don't know what else I can do. Any tips on how to feel better now and how to avoid feeling like this again? Will it ever stop? I'm 19 weeks on Monday- is this a phase? Thanks!!!

Re: Any tips for not getting sick/helping allergies? Help! I can't breathe.

• Options
    I have dealt with allergies all my life.  Not sure where you are at, but here on the East Coast the tree pollen has been a nightmare due to the rain.  I've found that sometimes I just need to change allergy medication.  I am currently taking Zyrtec which helps.  So maybe try a different allergy medication?
    Me: 35 DH: 35 - Married 10 years
    PCOS and MF

Two failed rounds IUI in 2010
    IVF #1 in 2011 - BFP 8/5/11 - Our IVF miracle was born 4/8/12
    FET 9/23/13; BFP -Twins-10/3/13; EDD 6/10/14; MC 11/1/13; D&C 11/4/13
    FET 3/28/14; BFN - 4/7/14
    IVF #2 - Transfer 2 embryos 11/14/14; BFP 11/24/14 - Beta 265;
    11/26/14 - Beta 612; 11/28/14 - Beta 1263; 12/1/14 - Beta 3571;
    12/3/14 - first u/s - two gestational sacs; 12/17/14 - two healthy heartbeats (132 and 134)
    Our IVF miracles were born 7/16/15

• Options
    Great advice. I'll check in with my doctor about that. Thanks!