Washington Babies
Options

1st pregnancy in Sammamish

hi all! I'd love to connect with other soon-to-be moms on the Eastside. I'm both excited and nervous and would love meeting others who are going through the same!

Re: 1st pregnancy in Sammamish

• Options
    I'm a FTM in Kirkland, due in January! When are you due?
  • Options
    Awesome! Congrats! January 10th, what about you?
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    tash_motash_mo member
    edited July 2015
    Had my first Feb 19 and live in Sammamish! Not soon-to-be, but happy to share thoughts.
  • Options
    That's great! I would be interested about any local resources you've come across for new moms and for pregnancy exercise classes? Whatever you found helpful during your pregnancy would be great!
  • Options
    I'm a first-time mom in Issaquah, due in January!

Also, tash_mo, I know you! This is Andrea :) hope you and the little one are doing well!
  • Options
    Is this your first pregnancy? Congrats!
  • Options
    If you are delivering at Swedish in the highlands (or even if you're not) - they have wonderful pregnancy classes. I only took a few, not the full package and found them pretty informative. 

I also highly recommend doing yoga. There are a few prenatal yoga places in Issaquah, but they never worked with my work schedule - so I went to Urban Oasis. Their entry level class was a perfect pace for my  third trimester. It helped me to feel active when I couldn't continue my regular workout routine, and honestly kept me very calm and collected! 
  • Options
    I'm expecting my second baby in December and live in Sammamish. We just moved from Texas 4 months ago and surprised (happily) by baby. My first daughter is 9. With the move and now baby I don't really know anyone in the area. :(
  • Options
    I'm a little late to the game, but I'm a FTM in Kirkland due in April. Love to know if you found any cool resources. I'm also new to the area so any insight is appreciated.