December 2014 Moms

Running prams

does anyone run with their little ones in pram any advice concerns?

Re: Running prams

• We have a BOB that we love, but so far have only taken DD out on walks.  It says in the manual that they should be 8 months before jogging- we will most likely not wait quite that long (she has great head control) but will wait until 6-7 months probably.
    Anniversary

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Oh cool I've got a silver cross pram but being hearing a lot about the bob running prams. A lot of web sites have been saying 6 months but interesting bob says 8 just worried as don't want to cause her any damage but love running an would love to go with her but going on treadmill at moment as don't want to take chances...
  • Loading the player...
  • Oh! I didn't realize there was an age minimum! We have ran a few times with our 5-month-old in a regular stroller. He hasn't complained and his head doesn't seem to bob around but maybe we should wait a few more weeks...
  • The BOB revolution has proven to be a great choice- and I lamented over this for ages before buying it. I love it, the front wheel locks if your prefer it to be in the straight forward position but I love the fluid movement if the rotating wheel. It follows your push really naturally. You do have to purchase an infant seat adapter separately for your brand of car seat but it was totally worth it for me because I have been running on paved and gravel paths for the last 3 months and it feels so good to be able to have a way to run again. My dd loves being able to look at me in the rear facing position with the infant seat adapter (so entertaining when your mom is bopping up and down in front of you, panting and sweating lol) The stroller is overall sturdy and wonderful and I love it. Highly recommended.
  • What age did u start running with him? And when don't u need infant support?
  • Just wait. Verify with doctor. LO has some neck control but we are following manufacturer guidelines and will be getting official clearance from the pediatrician.

Test
  • Yeah going to wait til at least 6 month check up an il ask dr what they think
    Thanks