Multiples

breastfeeding class

my 3 1/2 year old never latched, so i pumped for a year. now my twins wont really either! i assumed it was because they were 7 weeks early, but im starting to think its just me! would a breastfeeding class help? i never did it with my first because it seems fairly self explanatory and just figured if he wasnt latching, then it wasnt gonna happen. has anyone had great success from a class or just a waste of time? thanks!
TTC since 9-5-09 BFP #1 7-19-10 missed m/c 9-3-10 BFP #2 1-12-11 stick baby! BFP #3 9-13-14. First u/s 10-10-14 TWINS!! 

Pregnancy Ticker

Re: breastfeeding class

• I took the class before I had my son and it helped. I'd recommend seeing a lactation consultant 1 on 1 so they can watch and assist you while breastfeeding. My son had swallowing issues and reflux we weren't able to overcome but the LC did help.
  • Yes, meet with a lactation consultant or find a la leche league group and ask the leaders for so one on one help. If one can't help, seek another. The lc at the hospital i gave birth with my son wasn't too helpful, but the lc at his pediatrician's office was amazing. The LLL leaders in my area, helped me out a lot, too. GL!
  • Loading the player...
  • jnkanejnkane member
    I didn't find the breastfeeding class that I attended to be any more informative than information I had previously found online. My hospitals lactation consultant was helpful since it's one on one. Just as a suggestion.. Have you tried using a nipple shield? I know some people are against them but that is how I got my 32 week girls to latch!
  • We just had BF class this week, and I didn't find it helpful at all. It was directed towards singletons and not led by a LC. She made more than one comment about how I'll need to supplement. I hope the LC at the hospital is more helpful!

***SIGGY WARNING***

Our Story

Me- 35, mild hypothyroidism

DH- 29, low count due to a chromosomal abnormality, only option is IVF/ICSI with PGD.

Married 5/13

TTC since 8/13

IVF/ICSI #1 ER 9/14 - 14R, 6M, 6F, 5 blasts off to PGD- 1 normal female, 2 balanced males

FET 12/8 of 2 frosties - 1 male/1 female - stick babies stick! 

Beta #1 10dp5dt 444! Beta #2 14dp5dt 2,340!  U/S 1/5-- TWINS!!!  EDD 8/26/15

"You'll never see the rainbow if you can't survive the storm"

image    image

Pregnancy Ticker