April 2014 Moms
Options

Gifts for teachers?

My DD is moving rooms at the daycare from the smallest infants to the 1+ infants, and my husband questioned if we are supposed to get her old teachers any gifts. Advice? We also just contributed $50 to the Staff Appreciation luncheon.

Re: Gifts for teachers?

• Options
    LO is done at day care in 2 weeks for the summer. I plan to give her teachers a Starbucks gift card on the last day (nothing outrageous probably 20 each). I've given them a couple of gift cards throughout the year including $15 each last week for teacher appreciation. Something small might be nice but if you don't feel like it's necessary given that you just contributed $50, just do a thank you letter. We teachers love those!
  • Options
    kmos816kmos816 member
    Not exactly the same situation.... But we changed daycares completely a month ago and gave her old daycare teachers a box of chocolates and a thank you card- they seemed to appreciate that!

I would give them something small as a thank you.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    My LO will be leaving his current daycare at the end of June and he has so many teachers in and out of his room, I'm unsure what to do. I was thinking of buying some board books for his classroom and giving gift cards to his two main teachers.

And I'm going to offer to be a reference for any parents interested in that daycare because they are fabulous! I'm really sad LO will be leaving, but it's a 20-minute drive from our home and we got into the daycare down the street for the fall.
  • Options
    KriztynKriztyn member
    I'm a teacher-- and gifts are a nice way to show your appreciation--- but never expected. If your LO has a couple teachers, why not bring in some Dunkin Donuts or bagels and a thank you card? If it's just one teacher, a gift card to target or starbucks are some of the favorites we've gotten before! Well, and you can never go wrong with chocolate! 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker