Pregnant after IF
Options

First scan two sacks one heart beat

hello

Today was a very mixed day! We had our first scan at 6 weeks from FET of 2 embryos

Today we saw our one little love and saw the heart beat flicker and a fetal pole.

Unfortunately the other sack was empty it had developed a yolk but was abnormally shaped and called 'non viable'.

I was told I might bleed but the progesterone may stop it and there is a tiny risk of it impacting the other one! But that was very small and the baby was looking perfect.

In one breathe I am so happy this is an absolute dream come true and I have so much gratitude to be carrying this baby.

Although I also feel a saddness over the second one and that has darkened the day, I am giving myself the space to grieve this little one. No matter how small and how short it was my baby for a while and it hurts to kit be able to carry it longer. My family are so excited! This is our first and the first grand baby all round!

So mixed emotion I am giving both my focus and attention today and letting the happiness and sadness sink in!!

Has anyone else had a scan?

Re: First scan two sacks one heart beat

• Options
    marniefmarnief member
    I'm so sorry that one of your twins didn't make it. Sending T&P your way. But so glad to hear that your remaining bean looks good!
    Me: 37 | DH: 38 | Married 9/2012, low AMH, high FSH
    First-ever BFP after IUI #4 (Follistim) - Baby Girl born (36w2d) 8/8/2014!
    TTC #2 since Feb 2015
    BFP 5/4/15
  • Options
    So happy for your one baby! I'm sure that one will be just perfect. My first U/S is next Thursday and I have had two rounds of bleeding so I am a bit guarded on the news we will get. Like you, I will be thrilled as long as one is still healthy, but I understand your sadness. A loss is a loss no matter how early. Congrats! Thoughts and prayers with you and your LO.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    ktabsktabs member
    Sorry to hear. I felt the same way when I had that happen. I felt guilty celebrating my healthy little one when the other two weren't well. Good news is that my little man is doing fantastic at 29 weeks! Not a single hiccup since the loss of the identical twins :) (which was quite early though I actually carried #3 to approx 19 weeks)

congrats to your little healthy nugget!
    PAIF
    pregnant after round 2 of IVF. Transferred 2 embryos and (surprise!) was pregnant with triplets. Identicals passed at 8 and 10 weeks. Still have one healthy baby boy with EDD of July 30!

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers