August 2014 Moms

What would i give....

i would give anything to sleep more than 2 hours in a row. I swear i never sleep more than 1 1/2 hours at a time at night. I feel like i have created a monster. But with working full time and a husband ( i hate to say this) that doesnt necessarily jump up to help, i feel like this is what i need to do to survive because i cant be up all night to let him cry/scream cause thats exactly what it will be (I've tried).

Am i the only one not getting sleep?

Re: What would i give....

• I am sleeping but I have a LO who screams when she does not get her way. I can not put her down or if she sees my phone she has to have it. 

Anniversary

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • How old is your baby? There's no need for him/ her to eat every 1.5 hours at night.
    Married November 2009
    Clara, August 2014 
    Baby Boy due October 2017
  • Loading the player...
  • Hes 9 months! He doesnt eat 1.5 hours at night he just wakes up and i have to go rock him cause he doesnt go back to sleep on his own and i cant listen to the crying for over and hour each time. Its a horrible habit and i plan to break it the moment im done teaching in june. But for now i need the sleep.

He sometimes nurses once a night like around 3-5am. When teething it could be twice.
  • Have you tried patting his back and talking to him instead of picking him up?
    Married November 2009
    Clara, August 2014 
  • Yes, i have tried everything and read so much but he screams. Sometime the patting and singing work but he stands up in the crib and just screams.

Last night though he slept from 8:45-12:24 then i rocked and put him back down and he slept till 7:15.

He used to go down at 7 but not anymore. He also just screams when you leave him. Maybe aeperation issue. I have no idea :(
  • Blondee , I understand , my 9 month old wakes up every 2 hours to feed. I don't have the energy to fight it so I give in. I'm exhausted. I don't know how I will ever wean him off at this rate when he turns 1 yr.
  • Blondee , I understand , my 9 month old wakes up every 2 hours to feed. I don't have the energy to fight it so I give in. I'm exhausted. I don't know how I will ever wean him off at this rate when he turns 1 yr.

It'll take a few nights of being tired, but it'll SO be worth it in the end. My daughter was getting up every 2.5-3 hours still a month ago (7.5 months) and I just couldn't do it anymore. We did CIO for putting her to bed around 6 months and it worked great after only 3 nights. I decided that I wouldn't go get her until after midnight. She goes to bed at 7pm and there was no reason she couldn't go 5 hours. The first night she cried 15 minutes. Same the second and third. Then she would wake up, fuss, go back to sleep within a few minutes. By 1.5 weeks she was out of the habit of waking up at 1030pm. Once we dropped the first feeding she started just getting up once a night.

There's a light at the end of the tunnel, ladies. If you don't want to do full cry it out, fine, but try to attot something for your own sanity. It's not healthy for you to get that little sleep and it's not healthy for your baby to get that little sleep with so much interruption.
    Married November 2009
    Clara, August 2014 
  • The happy sleeper is full of awesome tips!! For me personally, we started co-sleeping and that solved all those problems. We just stopped co-sleeping less than 2 weeks ago and had an easy transition. Good luck!!!
  • I still have to breastfeed 3-4x nightly. I'm so tired.
  • Just saw your comment dogperson. Motivated. Thanks!
  • The CIO method is great if your baby only cries for 15 minutes. I tried one night and he screamed for an hour and half until I couldn't take it any more. I'm so tired!!! I need something besides CIO!