March 2014 Moms
Options

Daily diet/menu

Hi ladies, can you give me some idea of what your little ones eat (and how much) daily?  My lo had milk/soy allergies, GERD, etc and we've just transitioned to cow's milk.  I feel I've been so dependent on formula for so long now I'm not sure what to feed him. He has had stage 2 and 3 fruits and veggies, not a whole lot of meat though.  I just want to make sure he's getting a balanced diet and adequate nutrition.   Thanks for any help you can provide.
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker      

BabyFetus Ticker

Re: Daily diet/menu

• Options
    My LO had reflux and was on soy formula once I stopped breastfeeding around 9 months.  He transitioned to cow's milk almost 2 months ago and has been doing well.  He drinks 16-24oz of cow's milk a day.  He eats 3 "big" meals (breakfast, lunch and dinner) and 2 snacks.  He will usually have oatmeal, eggs, waffles/pancakes or yogurt with cheerios for breakfast.  He has a light snack around 9/10 (usually fruit, cheerios or crackers).  He gets lunch provided at daycare and it rotates daily (e.g. fish sticks, chicken nuggets, soy nut and jelly sandwich, taco salad).  The daycare always provided a fruit and veggie with lunch.  He then gets another small snack around 3 and dinner at home (usually leftovers from what my husband and I had the night before - e.g. fish and a veggie).    
  • Options
    Hello! LO drinks at least 24 oz of cow's milk a day (6:00am, 12:30pm, 4:30pm, 9:00pm). The last feeding has some cereal added to keep him a bit fuller during the night. He has breakfast between 9:00-10:00, which during the week is usually a hearty bowl of oatmeal, on the weekends he'll have eggs, plus anything else we're having. Lately I've been adding fruit smoothies into his routine and he's really loving it (great way to get fruit in there). For lunch, either left overs from dinner the night before or I'll make him a lunch (sammies, chicken nuggets, or in a pinch those Gerber Lil'Meals). He has snack time at 3 (usually a fruit pouch or a yogurt with cheerios or cookies), and when he gets home another small snack since we don't have dinner until closer to 7:30. 

LO started eating meat easier when I gave it to him in really little pieces. You can also add it to your vedgie purees. HTH!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyFruit Ticker