December 2015 Moms
Options

Fun Time!! Nursery Room Themes!!

thought this would be fun to see what everyone is thinking for the Nursery! Fun to see what everyone is thinking of doing!

Myself I am thinking of doing a Disney Watercolor theme!

Re: Fun Time!! Nursery Room Themes!!

• Options
    Tribal/Aztec/Indian theme. Lol that sounds weird for lack of a better term
  • Options
    Ours is a bear theme with Browns and cream colors.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    RSB1982RSB1982 member
    Fun topic! Right now I am leaning towards a travel theme: maps, hot air balloons, planes, etc.
  • Options
    Birds!
  • Options
    Camo/hunting/fishing if it's a boy. Haven't decided yet for a girl
  • Options
    We are team green so we are thinking winnie the pooh! We love disney!!

https://us.v-cdn.net/5020794/uploads/FileUpload/69/1a18c2e7532600b237c0ccef11ba85.jpeg

Proud Mommy of Derek Michael

April 8, 2014 9lb 6oz 21 inches

• Options
    I'd like to do animals of some sort - green walls, and pastel animals/decor, since we'll be prepping before we find out the gender.
    Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Anniversary
  • Options
    CMDDCMDD member
    Nursery? Um in our one bedroom apt the baby is gonna go...next to my bed I suppose. No nursery.
  • Options
    If it's a boy we are reusing my son's nursery theme of jungle animals. If it is a girl we are doing pink and gray elephants.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Using DS's old things. There was another post about nurseries, and a bunch of us posted photos there
    Married 05.19.07 | Together since 03.11.00 | Dom Born 02.06.12 
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers 

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    This little one will be room sharing with our 3 year old son. If it is a girl, we will probably decorate her side with some of nursery items my my mom saved from my nursery that were too girly for our son.
  • Options
    I'd like to do an alphabet theme. DH doesn't want Dr. Seuss, so I found something from NoJo that I like.
    NoJo® ABC with Me by Jill McDonald Bedding Collection

• Options
    laura6006 said:

I'd like to do an alphabet theme. DH doesn't want Dr. Seuss, so I found something from NoJo that I like.
    NoJo® ABC with Me by Jill McDonald Bedding Collection

I love this so cute!!!
  • Options
    Either way girl or boy nursery will stay with jungle theme because the baby/babies will be sharing a room with our 18 month old. Although I guess if we find out next week that it's twins then we will have to find something bigger with 3 bedrooms because both bedrooms in our apartment are pretty small. May have to see about getting a trailer put on a piece of my in laws property. We don't have much income.
  • Options
    We are waiting until we find out the gender to talk more about themes.  I like the alphabet idea too.  I started cross stitching an alphabet quilt this week.  Even though I only have one letter finished, I really like it and think it will turn out really nice.
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Options
    caseybeth1213caseybeth1213 member
    edited May 2015

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker   BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    caseybeth1213caseybeth1213 member
    edited May 2015
    This has been my favorite but doing more of navy colors since we are
    not finding out the sex. But if its a girl I will add the coral color
    in :)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker   BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    CMDD said:

Nursery? Um in our one bedroom apt the baby is gonna go...next to my bed I suppose. No nursery.

Same with me. We live in a huge house but we have roommates so our baby is going in our bedroom. We have 2 bedrooms for our use but since baby will only be 3 months old when our lease is up we are going to wait until we move to set him or her up in their own room
  • Options
    chiboo9chiboo9 member
    Katy0525 said:

We were Team Green with DD and we went with Winnie the Pooh theme! We're also Team Green with this LO and the plan is to move DD in a big girl room and LO will move into this nursery.

• Options
    GBaby29GBaby29 member
    I'm not a huge "theme lover" for I love modern design and patterns. It if a girl, I want to do light pinks, grey/beige, and light teal blue. "A little bit of a shabby chic style. If it's a boy I'm loving a demin and wood theme.
  • Options
    I've considered doing an Anne of Green Gables theme but we aren't finding out the gender this go, so will paint the room green and see what we get!
  • Options
    We didn't do a theme for DD, just colors and fabrics that I liked. The art was illustrations from the Kevin Henkes book called The Garden as well as a print I got from etsy. For this baby, we'll find out the sex first before I plan anything, but I definitely want to change it up. We won't do a theme this time either, just colors and art that I find interesting. :-) 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
                                    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    chiboo9 said:

Katy0525 said:

We were Team Green with DD and we went with Winnie the Pooh theme! We're also Team Green with this LO and the plan is to move DD in a big girl room and LO will move into this nursery.

That is the EXACT bedding I want!! So cute!!

https://us.v-cdn.net/5020794/uploads/FileUpload/69/1a18c2e7532600b237c0ccef11ba85.jpeg

Proud Mommy of Derek Michael

April 8, 2014 9lb 6oz 21 inches

• Options
    He wants monkey themed, I do not agree, especially if we have a girl
  • Options
    I am doing an owl/forest type theme. Less blue and more grey than the pic.
  • Options
    OhashfoOhashfo member
    For a girl I want to do a classy theme (name Eloise Kate). Handmake the mobile, do different colored dresser/crib, etc. a framed floral piece above the crib with her monogram.

For a boy I'm going rustic, (Hudson Neal). I want to use a vintage Radio Flyer wagon for the "bookcase", lots of woodsy things!
  • Options
    rmj28rmj28 member
    So cliche.. We are doing planes trains and automobiles for a boy.
    My brother does aircraft engineering, my husband works for the railroad, and my other brother works on cars. :)

No ideas for a girl.
  • Options
    I want a purple fairy themed room for a girl, no idea yet for a boy

• Options
    This is what we did for DS and this baby will be sharing a room with him for now :) 
    We purposely chose this to be gender neutral so that we could use for all our future kids, too.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Married my love March 2013
    DS May 2014
    #2 December 2015
    Each year brings another blessing :)
  • Options
    Our room will be babys room for at at least the first year. Then the baby will either go to the boys room or girls room lol no nursery. I never had a nursery with any of my kids.
  • Options
    I love the idea of a "The Giving Tree" theme. There's lots of inspiration online! I'd really like a small branch painted white to hang from the ceiling and use to hang things from buttt....that might be a little out of my skill level :P