March 2015 Moms

Annoying people

I hate when I take my baby out in public and he starts crying and people stare with disapproval. Like babies don't cry. One person asked me yesterday "What is wrong with that baby?" What is wrong with YOU?! Does anyone else take their baby out and have this happen to you? People staring at you like you're a horrible parent if your baby is crying? It's like people forget that babies cry or something.

Re: Annoying people

• Yes! OMG it drives me nuts.
  • Loading the player...
  • I must have resting bitch face because no one (stranger) has said anything to me about breastfeeding in public or a crying baby. This is probably a good thing because I sure would say something back! Haha! The other day, she started screaming at Target. I looked at an employee and told her I was going to steal one of their changing rooms and just went on in! Meh, it's that or whip out the boob right then and there!

I am sorry to hear that people are giving you a hard time @SharLovesAlex . Honestly, if anyone has an issue with how your baby is crying or anything else, that sounds like their problem and they can kindly take their stupid opinion and shove it! :)
    Pregnancy Ticker
    For SuzyQ and all the M15 losses

• adelemsadelems member
    @noodlienoodles lol. I must have a resting bitch face too. People just seem to keep to themselves around me haha. Except for I did have some guy freak out and say "oh I thought that was a fake baby cry! Not a real one!" Haha. My baby tends to fuss and growl and get more agitated rather than wailing .. So it tends to sound fake haha
  • SharLovesAlexSharLovesAlex member
    edited May 2015
    @noodlienoodles Thank you! I feel the same way...they should just mind their own business because only I have to deal with it, not then. @hollyanne85 @Christina80xoxo It bugs me because it's not their problem, it's mine. So they're a little annoyed for a moment, big deal. Try dealing with it all the time!
  • 2Swanns2Swanns member
    Oh yes! I had my baby in Target and she started to cry at checkout. I had one thing and the woman in front of me had a ton of tiny things. Instead of feeling empathy and letting me go ahead of her, she shot me a dirty look and said sown thing under her breath to the cashier! Wtf!
  • 2Swanns said:

Oh yes! I had my baby in Target and she started to cry at checkout. I had one thing and the woman in front of me had a ton of tiny things. Instead of feeling empathy and letting me go ahead of her, she shot me a dirty look and said sown thing under her breath to the cashier! Wtf!

Wow - some people are really a piece of work! I'm not sure what I'd do in that situation, but I've found myself pretty vocal these days...
    Pregnancy Ticker
    For SuzyQ and all the M15 losses

• 2Swanns said:

Awful! People are so rude when you have a baby
  • The thing that annoys me to no end is when my LO cries everyone says things like "did ur mama pinch u?", is ur mama being mean?"- etc... Or everytime my baby eats/whines - "doesn't she feed u?", "oh they never feed u", don't u feed ur child? um yes I do, I know they are joking but every single time is rediculous!! Ugh :( my mom does that all the time but it's not just her. It's most everyone. Seriously, why is it necessary??
  • kjpewkjpew member
    @babystarin that's the worst! I'm already feeling bad that my baby is crying and someone jokes about me not taking care of her? Not cool. I feel your pain!
  • I have anxiety taking my baby out for this reason!! He is not a happy baby and just the thought of someone saying something makes me feel sick to my stomach. Why should we be made to feel that way?!
  • While I was pregnant and now since I've had my baby, people look at me like I'm way too young to be having a baby. They look at me like I just committed such an awful crime.
  • chelsco13 said:

While I was pregnant and now since I've had my baby, people look at me like I'm way too young to be having a baby. They look at me like I just committed such an awful crime.

I get the same look. Even when they see my wedding ring. I don't understand it. And my baby doesn't cry much in public so she's not even the one drawing the attention. It's the fact that I look around 16, and I have her with me everywhere I go. You did nothing wrong. People are just judgmental and very quick to make assumptions.
  • The thing that annoys me to no end is when my LO cries everyone says things like "did ur mama pinch u?", is ur mama being mean?"- etc... Or everytime my baby eats/whines - "doesn't she feed u?", "oh they never feed u", don't u feed ur child? um yes I do, I know they are joking but every single time is rediculous!! Ugh :( my mom does that all the time but it's not just her. It's most everyone. Seriously, why is it necessary??

I hate that! It's terrible.
  • sj3019sj3019 member
    Yes!!!! Just the other day I was walking into the wic, I was on the phone with my god father who was on ragefull rant & I couldn't even get a word in to tell him that I needed to call him back because 2seconds before I walked in my son started to cry, guess he wanned to eat a whole 45minutes early & all the ladies in the store were staring at me w/disapproval.. :-O
  • My baby's in the pub with us all the time ...