Nurseries and Baby Gear

Uppababy Mesa vs Maxi Cosi Mico Max 30

Hi!
FTM here researching car seats- wow overwhelming!
Anyone picking between these two infant seats have advice? We are going with the UppaBaby Vista stroller so I was set on the Mesa, but after doing some more looking I am tempted by the Maxi Cosi (weighs less, seems like more wicking fabric). I realize I will have to get an adaptor to use the maxi Cosi with the uppababy stroller- not sure how big of a pain that is (does it make it any more difficult to clip into the stroller).
Advice?
Thanks!

Re: Uppababy Mesa vs Maxi Cosi Mico Max 30

• We used this $8 strap instead of a spendy adaptor bar

Britax Adapter Strap Kit, Black https://www.amazon.com/dp/B002QEAJ9K/ref=cm_sw_r_awd_7Irvvb04P01W0
    Married November 2009
    Clara, August 2014 
    Baby Boy due October 2017
  • Krysta6Krysta6 member
    We are also looking at these! I think we are going with the uppababy Cruz for a stroller. I am leaning towards the Maxi-Cosi because we added weight to it in the store and it seemed more manageable. But I haven't been able to find many reviews on it. Hopefully someone has experience with it!
  • Loading the player...
  • Try this website. They REALLY break down the carseats and do a good review on them. The Mesa is one of their recommended carseats. I have looked at the weight, and compared it to different infant seats that I have used personally, and it does seem like it is pretty heavy. Is there anywhere that you can go, that might have them in store so you can lift them, and see if it is something that you would want to be carrying around with the added weight of a baby? One of the lightest ones that I have seen lately, is the Nuna Pipa, which is about 7 pounds. The Mesa looks pretty cool thought!: https://carseatblog.com/26029/on-the-up-and-up-with-the-uppababy-mesa-infant-carseat-review/
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic 
  • CLTladyCLTlady member
    Thanks Elsa1984! Yes I need to check the store and carry them. The nuna pipa is also a good option!!