April 2014 Moms

Bacon

have any of you let your LO have bacon yet? I gave my little guy just a few tiny tiny bites of my bacon yesterday. He had a rough night and even this morning is having a hard time. Wondering if the bacon is upsetting his tummy. I was giving him more of the fatty pieces so he could get it down better. Maybe too much fat for his tummy to handle? If you added all the bites it was still probably less than an inch of a strip of bacon.

Re: Bacon

• Our LO has been eating bacon for a while thanks to DH. He loves it. However, I don't think he gives him the fatty bits. Not sure if that could be a factor - I'm a clueless vegetarian.
  • Our LO loves bacon too--but he usually has bits of the meaty part. It could be the fat was too rich...but hard to say.
  • Loading the player...
  • Mine has eaten bacon. I like it crispy so there's not usually much fat left. But I don't think eating it has ever given her any tummy troubles. She is kind of a meat destroying machine though...
  • Jazma11Jazma11 member
    Now he has a fever....so I am thinking bacon wasn't the issue :(
  • Ah, shoot. At least you know it wasn't the bacon, but I'm sorry he's sick. Hope he gets well soon'
  • Mmmm bacon! My LO sucked on a strip a long time ago, but I haven't given him any to eat lately. Probably because I haven't eaten it in awhile.

@cantwait87 sorry to hear your LO isn't well! Hope he feels better soon!