April 2014 Moms

Quick, easy dinner ideas....

Getting stale with the same things over and over again! I work for a couple hours at night so I try to make dinner during the day & put in fridge so I can just pop it in the oven later.... Here is one of our favorite easy meals:

Burrito Bake:
1 can of pillsbury reduced fat crescent rolls
1 can of fat free refried beans
1 pack of fat free ground turkey (you could do regular or ground meat)
1 pack of taco seasoning
2 cups of low fat shredded cheese

Cook ground turkey, transfer to bowl and add taco seasoning and full can of refriend beans and mix. Open crescent rolls and unroll on bottom of pan- pinch seams and flatten out so it covers bottm of pan like crust. Add meat mix on top and sprinkle with 2 cups of shredded cheese. Bake at 375 for about 15-20min until cheese golden. I also chop up lettuce and tomatoe and add just on my own serving in my bowl. **I usually make this earlier and cover & leave in fridge until ready to cook**
Lilypie - Eu0n
BFP: 12/3/15     EDD: 8/11/16     IT'S A BOY!!!
MAXIMUS POWERS   8♥5♥16

Lilypie - pXE7
BFP: 8/5/13      EDD: 4/13/14     IT'S A GIRL!!!      
AYLA BLAIR   3♥27♥14

Re: Quick, easy dinner ideas....

• Every time I've given LO quinoa it seems to all pass right through. Like her poo is speckled with it.
  • Loading the player...
  • I like to do roasted veggies (sweet potatoes, brussels sprouts, onions, etc.) and then, for the last 20 minutes of the roasting time, add chicken sausages, turning them at the 10 minute mark.  It's an easy meal and it always seems to hit the spot!
  • We like to do monkey mess, as we called it growing up...Fritos, chili (either that I made ahead of time or canned), lettuce, shredded cheese, sour cream, etc. So quick, easy, and good!

We also get rotisserie chicken usually once a week, and roast veggies to go with it. It's always so so good! The chicken is awesome, and cheaper than buying chicken breasts and preparing them myself. It's cheating a little bit, but I'm ok with it :D
  • Taco salad: lettuce, shredded cheese, black beans, corn, crushed up tortilla chips, pre-cooked chicken, salsa, ranch dressing. Yum!
  • I feel like all quick meals are always mexican!! lol
    Lilypie - Eu0n
    BFP: 12/3/15     EDD: 8/11/16     IT'S A BOY!!!
    MAXIMUS POWERS   8♥5♥16

Lilypie - pXE7
    BFP: 8/5/13      EDD: 4/13/14     IT'S A GIRL!!!      
    AYLA BLAIR   3♥27♥14

• I don't have recipes for most I what I cook, but I also like these fast ones when I'm in a hurry:

-turkey stroganoff over either rice or egg noodles and a streamed veggie.
    -cilantro lime salmon patty sliders (made with canned salmon)
    -Naan pizza (use garlic naan bread a a pizza crust)
    -angel hair pasta (or spaghetti) with ground sausage, chopped tomatoes, parsley, olive oil, salt, and pepper.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  

BabyFruit Ticker
  • kmos816kmos816 member

I don't have recipes for most I what I cook, but I also like these fast ones when I'm in a hurry:

-turkey stroganoff over either rice or egg noodles and a streamed veggie.
    -cilantro lime salmon patty sliders (made with canned salmon)
    -Naan pizza (use garlic naan bread a a pizza crust)
    -angel hair pasta (or spaghetti) with ground sausage, chopped tomatoes, parsley, olive oil, salt, and pepper.

What goes in the cilantro lime salmon party's? Those sound delicious!
  • A can of salmon, one egg (so it holds together when cooked), lime juice, chopped onion, fresh cilantro an a little cumin.

That's pretty much it. You can season to taste. I have put in spicy peppers before too and that was good.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  

BabyFruit Ticker
  • This is an old church recipe for sloppy joes. Made this for my husband for the first time about 2 months ago - he loves it so much we make it almost every week now!
  • I use Food.com and Six Sisters for a lot of slow cooker dishes. We have had, as of late: Caesar chicken sandwiches (imagine pulled chicken but with Caesar dressing), Hawaiin pulled pork, spaghetti sauce and meatballs, and Fiesta Chicken, which is pulled chicken, black beans, corn, onions, red pepper, and salsa over rice.

Had this a couple of nights ago. It was good: https://www.budgetbytes.com/2012/12/sausage-kale-cassoulet/
    I used five sausage links and cooked on low 9 hours. I also added a TBSP of apple cider vinegar.
  • LolaX2LolaX2 member
    We do a lot of meal prep ahead of time on the weekend, then we just grab what sounds good and warm it up on weeknights. 

On Sundays we normally do some version of the following:

Grilled or baked chicken (we do all different seasonings or a marinade to mix it up each week)
    brown rice
    bertoli plus protein pasta
    turkey meatballs
    Steak
    Sweet potato fries

wash/prep/cut:
    greens for salads
    fruits 
    steamed veggies

We will also do some baked fish, burgers or grilled shrimp throughout the week sometimes.

Then we can pick a meat, veggy and pasta or rice to make a plate. sometimes turn it into a stir fry or throw a quick chicken or steak salad together. It does get kinda boring because we eat a lot of the same things but at least we have a few things to choose from and it super quick on weeknights!

• LolaX2 said:

We do a lot of meal prep ahead of time on the weekend, then we just grab what sounds good and warm it up on weeknights. 

On Sundays we normally do some version of the following!

You. Are. A. Genius! I should totally start doing something like this. It would feel so good to just have one big day of cooking. Hm.

• @mooncusp22, I made your burrito bake tonight! It was a hit! Thanks!
  • LolaX2LolaX2 member

LolaX2 said:

On Sundays we normally do some version of the following!

You. Are. A. Genius! I should totally start doing something like this. It would feel so good to just have one big day of cooking. Hm.

It does take some planning and a few hours on Sunday, but is worth it for the ease during the week!
  • We had hot dogs in the toaster oven tonight. Fancy!
  • The easiest thing I know is slow cooker pulled pork. Get a Boston butt season with pink salt, pepper and liquid smoke. Set on low all day and shred. Super easy and good for.
  • @sporty1216 made your recipe tonight! Delish!!!!!
  • Glad you liked it @sherks11! Super easy, right?
  • @mooncusp22 --your burrito bake is on the menu this week! What size pan do you use?
  • smushismushi member
    Our quick meal the other night was hamburger steaks, steamed green beans, and mashed potatoes.  He ate it all!
  • I came across this today and thought I'd post it here. Not gourmet stuff by the sounds of it, but I need QUICK.

https://kidsactivitiesblog.com/59825/10-fast-family-dinners-home-cooked-20-minutes-less