August 2015 Moms

trapped gas

I've had air well i guess gas trapped.. it has been the most awful pain ive ever experienced. I went to the ER one night for it. My chest was hurting and it hurt in my back as well. They couldn't do anything. After an hour or so i started burping and the pain went away little . it even hurts to lay down or sit. I guess im just wondering if anyone else has experienced this as well And if you found a way to avoid it or get through it faster.

Best Answers

• kcollins78kcollins78 member
    Answer ✓
    I sometimes take OTC gas meds like Gas Ex. It's also worse for me if I'm constipated so I usually take a laxative, too just to get things going. It's the most miserable feeling so I can definitely empathize with you. I hear probiotics help also. Hope you feel better soon!!

Answers

• Loading the player...
  • dkizz82dkizz82 member
    Yes. My back was hurting so bad last night. I used to get on all fours a ball up. Can't do that now with my stomach. Maybe some gas ex?
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Trapped gas pain seems to be the one symptom I've experienced most throughout this pregnancy. Walking sometimes helps, sometimes my hubby rubbing my stomach helps. Other than that maybe just try to keep track to see if there are any certain foods that seem to cause gas. For me I used to get it no matter what I ate, but now later in pregnancy it seems to be triggered by certain types of foods.
  • I've been having this issue too. It's been so painful. I am sending hub to the store pronto to get me some gas ex.
  • I'm actually experiencing this today. It's horrible pain and almost felt like cramping in my side which scared me at first! I realized when I started burping it got a little better, so I'm thinking its gas! Owwwww
  • Ive been drinking sprite, gungerale and club soda. Anything to make me burp.
  • Let me know if it workss! At this point ill try anything.
  • I had this same experience last week, lasted for about 7 days. I ended up at the ER as well, thought I was having a heart attack! They did absolutely nothing for me. I tried Gas x, zantac, tums, ginger ale, altered my diet, nothing worked! Finally, I tried rubbing peppermint essential oil (diluted with coconut oil) on my back, shoulder and chest and it was immediate relief! It felt great, but did not provide permanent relief. I went and had a prenatal massage and it made a world of difference!!! Been feeling back to normal since then. Hope you get some relief soon, that is some of the worst pain!!
  • Drank warm water and took a gas x. It really helped.
  • It is really painful! I almost went to the ER today for it. I had bad pains all night long and was seriously starting to worry about internal bleeding the pain was so intense. But I drank some Peppermint tea and it helped cut the pain in half. My doc suggested ducalax (spelling?) suppositories every 4 hours or so to clean my GI tract out. He said if pain continued by end of day to head to labor and delivery. But the tea helped a ton, so I am pretty sure it is just gas. But dang it is intense. Best of luck!!
  • I was up ALL night with pains that I'm assuming are gas. I took gas x, didn't help at all. Tried tums. Didn't help. DH really wanted me to go to the ER because I was doubled over crying it hurt so bad. I didn't go because I know there's nothing they can do for has and I'm fairly certain that's all it is. Today it's less intense but still there.
  • Water with lemon all day long! If you can start your day with a glass of warm water with lemon in it, it helps with your digestion and also elimination.
  • gmd88gmd88 member
    Exercise definitely helps to move things along