August 2011 Moms
Options

Embarrassed: Pool Edition

Hi I'm somewhat new here, but that's not the point. Today was the 2nd day that our apartment pool was open, I was so excited to take my son (8/20/2011). So I got our things together; the bathing suits, his floats, pool pass, the towels. I sprayed us down with sunscreen after lunch and we headed down to the pool. Just keep in mind that I'm 35weeks pregnant right now with my next little boy. So we reach the pool and I make the rules very clear. Stay with mommy, no squirting people in the face with your toy, and when mommy says it's time to go, we go. He replies Yes Ma'am. After about 50mins at the pool I let him know that we'll be returning home soon. So after about 10mins I stand up and grab his hand letting him know it's time to go. He begins to say no I don't wanna leave and all of the things that they say when they're having too much fun but it's just time to go. As he's protesting I'm getting him to go over to our chairs where our things are. He then proceeds to jerk from me and run away jutting across and running around the pool which is EXTREMELY DANGEROUS! So I ran right after him big belly and all. Yelling Kent stop! Kent come back here NOW! I finally caught up to him and I was very angry and firm with him I told him that we are not coming back to the pool and that he does not get to go to the zoo tomorrow and he is getting time out when we get home. He just continues to sass off to me. I grab our things. I grab his hand tight and make our way to the steps. Where he decides he just isn't coming. So he slumps down and quits moving. I tell him Kent lets go. He says He's scared I tell him the ants won't bother him. I finally get him through the gate and on our walk home. He begins to slump again and pull and tug. I proceed to tell him to come on and that we are not going back to the pool. By this time I have got so many stares by the college kids who live at the same place and I'm feeling nothing but contractions in my back. I don't care I have to get in the house and begin discipline and rest so I don't go into labor. He pulls and tugs and slumps and whines and cries all the way home. I finally get in the door where he runs away into the kitchen. I then remove his swimwear take him upstairs to his room where I put his new underwear on and some dry shorts. I explain to him that he's in time out now because of everything he done at the pool, which I explained. He begins to cry and protest as I close the door to his room. I am also crying too....
I don't know what to do...

Re: Embarrassed: Pool Edition

• Options
    This seems like my daily routine with SO'S 4 and 10 year old. I told him last week I feel so mean when I tell them stop and no and knock it off and oh my gosh is this real... all sorts of are you kidding me moments with both of them...
    remember back, when I was a kid my parents did it to me and now I'm doing it to them. It's a kids thing. I just call and apologize to my dad when things like this happen.
    Once he's done being punished today be sure to remind him on your next pool visit how upset you were last time.. it works on mine for big situations.
    I hope no tears have come out!