December 2014 Moms

Crib recommendations?

teaismCAgalteaismCAgal member
edited May 2015 in December 2014 Moms
Our LO is about to outgrow the Arm's Reach co-sleeper, so we need to look into getting him a crib. Does anyone have a crib they've been really happy with? I'd like to get a smaller one because I'd rather he sleep in our room for a few more months. Maybe around 8 months or so, we'll move him to his own room (which shares a wall with ours). 

Also has everyone lowered their playpens now? I think we are coming very close to having to do that now, as they recommend doing so at 5 months. 

Re: Crib recommendations?

• kelsirekelsire member
    I love our Graco crib. But it is a pretty big crib.
  • diz1313diz1313 member
    With our son we used the standard DeVinci Kalani crib and with the twins we are using the DeVinci Kalani mini cribs. The minis convert to twin beds are the standard to a full.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • SerenityAESerenityAE member
    edited May 2015
    Our crib is a Graco. Was very reasonable priced but very sturdy. And I'm relatively short and can still reach down into it with no problem. 
  • We have the Oeuf Rhea.  It's pricey, but chemical free (which was important to us).  Not a bad price for chemical free, actually.  But it's not too large, and converts into a toddler bed so you won't end up having to buy something soon.  It has a very modern look that is nice!
    We also looked at Ikea cribs when we were shopping.  They are also chemical free, extremely inexpensive, and small.  In fact, we decided against them because they seemed too small for us, so they might be perfect for you!
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • I'm hesitating buying a crib b/c all of the recalls — they scare me. I'm considering just using a pack n play till we can put him in a toddler bed. Our doctor says that's perfectly fine, lots of people do that — it's personal preference. My concern is that he won't like sleeping in a pack n play all night. 
  • We have the stokke sleepy. It goes from a tiny crib (bassinet size), to full size crib, to toddler bed. It's vet convenient I just wish DD would sleep in it.
  • I'm hesitating buying a crib b/c all of the recalls — they scare me. I'm considering just using a pack n play till we can put him in a toddler bed. Our doctor says that's perfectly fine, lots of people do that — it's personal preference. My concern is that he won't like sleeping in a pack n play all night. 

Give it a shot. If he doesn't like it after several attempts then you will know and can get a crib.

Consumer reports reviews and ranks cribs. We got the Ikea one that was one of their top recommendations. Came with conversion to lower crib and toddler bed...so we didn't have to pay "extra" for that feature.

Test
  • Yup - already looked at Consumer Reports. My hubby thought all of the top rated were all over $500, so that put us off a bit. Might give it another look.  
  • Yup - already looked at Consumer Reports. My hubby thought all of the top rated were all over $500, so that put us off a bit. Might give it another look.  

@teaismCAgal - IKEA was like $120.

Test