Pregnant after a Loss
Options

Stressing After A Loss

I miscarried October last year at 6 weeks. I am now 12 week but am worried. I had an ultrasound at 9 weeks 2 days and we seen a strong heartbeat 172bpm. I haven't had any morning sickness or many other symptoms other than needing to go to the toilet reguarly. I have another ultrasound next week at 13 weeks 3 days and am hoping for some peace of mind. I haven't had any bleeding but have been told that it's not uncommon for the babies to stop growing without any signs. Has anyone had the same worries and had a healthy baby? Does the chance of miscarriage decrease after seeing a heartbeat? Just going a little crazy worrying and can only find negative posts about my situation

Re: Stressing After A Loss

• Options
    jem8407jem8407 member
    Hi Jaimee, I currently am very early 5 weeks) and experienced a miscarriage in January at 8 weeks. We had a heartbeat the week before but the development was weak. My nurse and ob have already been monitoring me which is great. They say thise of us who have experienced loss are more apprehensive. They also say it is very (like 97%) unlikely it will happen again.
    I have had several friends go through one miscarriage and now they have a healthy baby. Remain positive that it happens to so many of us and that you have a 97% chance of a healthy baby here.
  • Options
    I'm sorry for your loss. Its great that they are monitoring you already (: 97% is pretty high so lets hope that we have sticky babies this time around xx

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    jem8407jem8407 member
    We just need to remain positive and focus on the good stuff. Good luck; hopefully we end up with healthy bebes!
  • Options
    The odds significantly increase after you see a heartbeat and 172 is a good one! I didn't have morning sickness either and I'm 22 weeks today, so don't worry there. Having a miscarriage is traumatic and, as my aunt says, causes P.T.S.D. I still worry, but I try to distract myself with a T.V. show that I can get engrossed in or researching baby stuff since I'm a first time mom, anything that requires your full attention and concentration. Talking helps, too! I have a friend from college that I email every day. She's never experienced a loss, but get emails help on bad days. Here's my email if you ever need a pep talk: plainjane19792001@gmail.com. Also, don't feel bad about asking your doctor's office if you can run in and check on the baby for peace of mind. I went in once when the doctor wasn't there so they were slow and the nurse snuck me in for a quick ultrasound. I just switched from my birth month club to this board because not everyone understands!
  • Options
    I feel like we are in the same place. I miscarried last year in November at 8 weeks, heard a heartbeat right before the baby stopped growing. Now I'm 8 weeks along again and freaking out. We heard a hb of 171 but my OB put me on progesterone since I have a subchorionic hemmorhage. I'd say it doesn't sound like you have anything to worry about and agree with the other posters. Update us on your progress! I'm rooting for you!
    DD born 6/14/13 MC Nov 2014 BFP on Mother's Day EDD 1/6/16