March 2015 Moms
Options

Very fussy baby

Last night my LO cried for almost an hour. I walked with her and she would settle down some then start up again. I put her in the bath and she was very relaxed. I took her out and it started again. Eventually she cried herself to sleep and slept 30 minutes then woke up crying again and took almost a whole bottle and went back to sleep and has slept 8+ hours. Could she be going through a growth spurt?

Re: Very fussy baby

• Options
    It sounds like a growth spurt! My little gets really clingy and wants to use me as a paci 24/7 when she has hers. They just need our extra love and attention during these times. Good luck! :)
    Pregnancy Ticker
    For SuzyQ and all the M15 losses

• Options
    @noodlienoodles I have to hold mine on my shoulder and walk all through the house even if that means walking for an hour straight
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    chelsco13 said:

@noodlienoodles I have to hold mine on my shoulder and walk all through the house even if that means walking for an hour straight

Yup! I eat walking! Haha

I found that a swaddle will help her go to sleep faster. And she likes the football hold. I just keep trying different things until she falls asleep.
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    chelseeeachelseeea member
    edited May 2015
    Do you Have a carrier? I find sometimes that's the only way my son will fall asleep in the daytime, and that way I still have my hands free. He gets extremely cranky when he's tired, but sometimes has a hard Time falling asleep. Carrier works every time. :)
  • Options
    ngolimentongolimento member
    edited May 2015
    For a newborn, that's a dreamy amount of crying. They are at peak fussiness then. Most babies cry at least two hours a day at six weeks.
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    @chelseeea no I don't have a carrier
    @Peledreamsofrain she's almost 6 weeks but she hardly every cries. She has done this one other time over a week ago but it wasn't this bad
  • Options
    Do you swaddle her? Have you tried white noise? If I need to bring out "the big guns", then I swaddle, rock, and put on a white noise machine.
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    chelsco13 said:

@chelseeea no I don't have a carrier
    @Peledreamsofrain she's almost 6 weeks but she hardly every cries. She has done this one other time over a week ago but it wasn't this bad

Believe me, you don't have a problem, you have a blessing. There's nothing to 'fix' here. You have a wonderful baby who cries minimally. Most people have to deal with a ton more crying at six weeks.

Just try to soothe her, she is just being normal and needs to know mommy is trying, even if it doesn't work to quiet her. It's your effort that counts.
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    @noodlienoodles Haha, those are my "big guns" too!
  • Options
    @noodlienoodles I do swaddle her
  • Options
    Possibly a growth spurt, especially when accompanied by a lot of sleeping! My LO is 6 1/2 weeks me just spent the weekend sleeping an insane amount during the night, but nursing nonstop during the day. But she suddenly no longer fits in the onesies she fit just last week!
  • Options
    @AGM0616 that's how she is. The sleeper I put on her tonight is probably going to be the last time she can wear it and she just wore it a couple days ago