January 2015 Moms

Daycare

any other moms sending their babies to daycare? It's our first week and I'm having a hard time. Not sure if she is tho...

Re: Daycare

• Unfortunately yes but only a few days a week. Luckily his caregiver is awesome and treats him like a grandchild. It is much harder on me then him. Heck the first time I picked him up he didn't even care I was there. It will get better the more times your LO goes and you learn to fully be able to trust them.
  • kemayerkemayer member
    I am. Its been 3 weeks. I had my concerns as well but everything has been great so far. Call and check on them as much as you want. Don't feel like you're bugging them and just trust your instincts. I got to know the girls pretty quick. It was especially hard for me because my baby wouldn't take a bottle no matter how hard we tried at home. She didn't eat at all the first day and it killed me but they said she didn't even fuss at all. Pretty much taking in her new surroundings. By the second day she realized that was the only way she'd get milk if mom wasn't around. She grins at the girls when I drop her off now so makes me feel good she's comfortable with them. My husband picks her up and says either shes asleep or theyre interacting with her. Daycares tend to get a bad rep but there are good people out there.