March 2015 Moms
Options

Does anyone know?

Recently my 5 week old has been waking up almost once every hour in the middle of the night. He only eats about 3 of the times he wakes up. So he isn't hungry, and when we check him, he doesn't have a wet diaper. Before this he was only waking up twice during the night. Anyone have any idea why this is happening? Or is anyone else having this problem?

Re: Does anyone know?

• Options
    Maybe it's a recent change in his development? I got this app called the wonder weeks and I love it because it tells me what developmental leaps my baby is going through each week and it tells you what to expect with their behavior. My baby has been fussier and a little more easy to cry and according to the app this is normal for this stage(8 weeks) because of the change he's going through. I know it put my mind at ease. Hope that helps a little. Good luck!
  • Options
    Maybe he has gas or needs to burp?
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    NLB2009NLB2009 member
    My 5 week old is doing the same and I do think it's a leap. The wonder weeks app really does explain this. Basically their world is getting bigger and they need comfort and reassurance. The app says it's usually over by 6 weeks.
  • Options
    When DD was 5 weeks going through a leap she woke up every 1 - 1 1/2 at night to just be cuddled. It was over by 6 weeks. Then at 6 weeks she will occasionally sleep for 6-7 hours. Like PP said I think it was a reassurance thing and it will be over soon.

Surprise! Baby #2 EDD 7/28/17
    BabyFruit Ticker