March 2015 Moms

Bad habits.

soxgurlsoxgurl member
edited May 2015 in March 2015 Moms
My daughter is 8 weeks and this last week she's developed 2 terrible habits. The first is she now fights her sleep, she'll dig her head into me if I'm holding her, or just flail around or cry until she can't anymore. It takes her way longer to fall asleep. The second is the worst. She now SCREAMS at the top of her lungs when it's time to burp. The second I take the bottle out she just screams and it takes about 15 minutes for her to burp. Her binky won't even soothe her, she just screams I feel so bad, sometimes she loses her breath she's crying so hard. Hopefully these are things that she will grow out of and they'll pass soon!

Re: Bad habits.

• My 5 week old started crying when I burp her and sometimes when I talk to her she'll stop but if she doesn't I just try a few more sips of bottle then try burping again and she's fine.
  • SharLovesAlexSharLovesAlex member
    edited May 2015
    My 8 week old fights his sleep too. He stiffens to the point of nearly being dropped and cries (though not wailing, just fussy crying). I was hoping this would pass. He does it most at night when I'm putting him to sleep, so it sometimes takes an hour. I've started just holding him and just trying to nurse him through it, that seems to calm him somewhat.
  • Loading the player...
  • My baby done this he was going though a growth spurt he gets mad stiffens and hates the fufu but if I would take the bottle out of his mouth I would put the fufu in his mouth he will take it cause he thinks it's the bottle and I would burp him that way it always help I also done giving him a flew more drinks of the milk as well