March 2015 Moms
Options

Am I the only one...

... who really doesn't feel like having sex?

I just don't feel remotely ready to engage in anything yet and it's so off putting with the baby around. I feel uncomfortable with my body, all my flabby bits and stretch marks, even though my SO doesn't feel the same way at all!

I'm so worried about the effect this could have on our relationship but I just don't feel ready. I'm 7 weeks PP.

Re: Am I the only one...

• Options
    I used to want it all the time, but now by the time she's asleep, I'm too tired to bother with it.
  • Options
    I'm in the same boat. I don't feel at all sexy being home all day, I'm usually in sweats when he gets home. My stomach is flabby and I just don't even have the desire. We had to wait so long and we've already tried twice but it hurts so much, I'm not even into it.

I'm worried a bit, too.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    LcastoLcasto member
    Nope.. Totally not interested. Haha which makes me feel bad.. But I've heard it can take a long while to get the libido up and running again.
  • Options
    KD32412KD32412 member
    Same here. I'm not too worried, I was the same way with our first. Plus, breastfeeding really messes with my hormones and makes it painful. I explained to my husband that my hormones are buggy and I'm constantly in mommy mode, and it's hard to switch into "sexy mode". He understands. I'm sure our libido's will be back soon.
  • Options
    adelemsadelems member
    I felt the same with my first and I feel a little less repulsed by the idea of sex this time but I'm still not super interested. Things that help me are...

Getting dressed during the day, and if I can get it done - makeup and shower.

Doing a little exercise. A walk or physical activity helps promote a better frame of mind. Especially if you can get some sunshine.

Not having "actual" sex... There are alternatives to actual intercourse. For those of you that it hurts and such, this may help you! ;)

Rest. Duh. Haha. Maybe ask hubby to help you get a nap in during the day. I'm sure he's likely to jump at the chance to help if you explain it'll help you get in the mood.

But... In the end... It just takes time and will get better. Promise :)
  • Options
    Thanks for all of your advice and for letting me know I'm not the only one. After perusing the forum everybody seemed to be asking 'when can I have sex again? I can't wait!' And there was me thinking I'm actually okay with waiting for now!
  • Options
    KD32412KD32412 member
    emsillick said:

Thanks for all of your advice and for letting me know I'm not the only one. After perusing the forum everybody seemed to be asking 'when can I have sex again? I can't wait!' And there was me thinking I'm actually okay with waiting for now!

Me too! I was like, "Ugh, really? I'd rather nap!"
  • Options
    I am with you. After taking care of my son all day I'm exhausted. My husband works 60+ hours a week and is in school so during the week we hardly even talk. The last thing I want to do is have sex! Here's to hoping it gets better!