April 2014 Moms
Options

Long car rides

We have to go to a wedding 5 hours away in a couple of weeks. Any suggestions for new toys or entertainment I should get to make the trip go more smoothly? She's not much of a car sleeper so I'm going to need to break out all the (literal) bells and whistles!

Re: Long car rides

• Options
    For us, it usually ends up that, after a certain amount of time, no awesome new toy will do the trick anymore and one of us (usually me) will move to the back seat to keep him company.  That usually works pretty well.  But we're finding as he gets older, sometimes we just need to get out and stretch a bit too.  Occasionally, sleep magic happens too.  I'll hope the sleep fairy dusts your car and you get a pleasant surprise of a sleeping baby as you drive!
  • Options
    Thanks, I have a feeling we will be pulling all the "stops" too ;)
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    My parents live 5 hours away, so we travel quite a bit to see them. I'll usually get in the back seat to entertain him when he gets fussy. My last resort tricks are the iPad to let him look at pictures/videos of himself and look at a couple aps I've downloaded for moments like that. Also, I'll feed one puff at a time, and he'll be happy with that for quite a while. It's kind of a pain, but better than a screaming baby. Hope she sleeps some for you!! Good luck!!
  • Options
    Your delightful puns have made me smile this morning @pearlvirus ! I have only done a 2 hour trip with DD, so I don't really have any input beyond sitting in the back to keep him company. I just had to let you know your puns were noted and appreciated.

March siggy challenge: Dream job = Playing with wolves

• Options
    kmos816kmos816 member
    I just did a 4.5 hour trip by myself with DD.... I grabbed a bag of toys that I would toss back at her as she got bored and threw her toys. She is not much of a car sleeper and napped for maybe an hour. If I were to drive with my husband I'm sure one of us would have climbed in the back with her (we did that over Christmas time).
    I only had to stop once for a bathroom and snack/bottle break.
  • Options

I really cant wait until they can sit forward facing... handing them things and keeping an eye on them will be so much easier.DD always throws her toys onto the seat next to her and then gets mad when she has nothing to play with

March siggy challenge: Dream job = Playing with wolves