April 2014 Moms

Teach me how to put my kid's pants on

i feel like I must be missing some awesome trick. I swear, every time I get one leg into his pants, he pulls it out as soon as I start working on the other one. I've tried having him lie down and I've tried it with him standing up. Is this just the way it goes, or is there a pants-putting-on-hack out there that I need to know about?

Re: Teach me how to put my kid's pants on

• Lol... I put both feet in and kind of karate chop the crotch so both legs slide into their separate hole.

March siggy challenge: Dream job = Playing with wolves

• ksulliksulli member
    I give up on pants by 4pm on weekends. Which is sad, because she stays in her PJs through her first nap. So 5 hours of pants. And i call it a win.
    *Married 10.10.08*
    TTC #1 9.09 - BFP#1:2.18.10= missed m/c, D&C 4.16
    BFP#2:10.22.10=Avelin born 7.2.11
    TTC#2: 2.13 - BFP#3: 7.25.13=Kelsey born 3.31.14
  • Loading the player...
  • Uughhhhhh I have this problem too. I get sooo frustrated when he's laying down! Now I do it while he's standing up holding onto something...just lift one foot up at a time and insert into leg hole. Usually works....Usually.
  • Getting him dressed at all... Sigh. I usually end up sitting him on my lap, putting both legs in a little and then putting him down standing and I pull them up. That seems to have the greatest success. But sometimes he screams on the way to the chair and goes boneless. Then I give up and let him play pantless.
  • I can't tell you all how relieved that I am not alone on this one! I seriously was like "Dude! Total Mom fail! How can I not get pants on my child without it being a crazy struggle?!"  And, these ideas are great.  I'm gonna try them all.
  • Dd will usually sit on my lap, both feet go in, and I have her stand up to pull the pants up. That only works smoothly when she's not trying to escape though :)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  

BabyFruit Ticker
  • After the first foot goes in I roll the pant leg up so it is snug before I do the other. Shorts have been much easier!
  • ksulliksulli member
    I feel like I lose a wrestling match daily with someone I out-weigh by 100lbs.
    *Married 10.10.08*
  • I was explaining my method to my mom and she found the karate chop to be particularly amusing lol... I swear "karate chop to the crotch" works and isn't as violent as it sounds

• ksulliksulli member
    My diaper changing, musical contribution: I'm a pooper douper, a pooper douper, I'm a pooper douper, a stinky bum!
    *Married 10.10.08*
  • I feel so boring, I just sing "twinkle twinkle little star"

• Man! I don't sing while changing diapers or clothes! I gotta get inspired!!!
  • I find it keeps her distracted so wiggling is minimized

• I sing the ABCs... And when we're getting ready for bed I sing "Mr. Sandman" but change the words to "Mr. Jammies"