Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months

Not teething?

Okay so I know every baby is different, but generally they all start teething around the same months. My daughter is almost 14 months, and has 0 teeth. She was born with 2 teeth that fell out by time she was 3 months old, she has a dentist appointment scheduled to see what's going on in that little mouth. My question is do any of you have a toddler without any teeth?

Re: Not teething?

• DesignermommaDesignermomma member
    edited May 2015
    How interesting. From what I understand teeth are hereditary when they come in. Did you or your husbands teeth take a while when you were baby's? DS1 got his teeth exactly when I did as a baby. (I compared to my baby book) DS2 was a little behind my schedule and we don't have much info about my husbands childhood.(3rd child) I was chatting with a classmate of DSs mother and she said she was born without baby teeth and only had adult ones. I had no idea that could happen so it's worth checking into.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • My niece didn't get her 1st tooth to 14-15 months. Must have been my in-laws genetics. I have a co-worker who is missing teeth and her 2nd child is also. When just a few teeth came in, her concern was that her DD#2 was missing most of her teeth, but in time more came in. FX.

Unexplained IF/RPL

TTC#1 2003 BFNs, 2004-2009 imageimageimageimageimage 5 angels above

2010 IVF-PGS-FET#1, DD b. Aug-2011 image

TTC#2 2012 BFNs, 2013 FET#2, DS b. Nov-2013 image

TTC#3 2015 BFNs, FET#3 image (my 6th and last angel above)

Journey Complete.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Both my husband and I got our teeth in as any other baby would. Our 2 older girls and son all got their teeth in around the same ages as babies and toddlers. The really strange part is my niece who is only 5 months older than my baby girl didn't have any teeth until almost 18 months. The dentist she went to was able to x-ray her mouth and all of her teeth are there. We are taking our little one to the dentist next month for her x-ray to see what's going on in her mouth
  • GL.

Unexplained IF/RPL

TTC#1 2003 BFNs, 2004-2009 imageimageimageimageimage 5 angels above

2010 IVF-PGS-FET#1, DD b. Aug-2011 image

TTC#2 2012 BFNs, 2013 FET#2, DS b. Nov-2013 image

TTC#3 2015 BFNs, FET#3 image (my 6th and last angel above)

Journey Complete.