April 2014 Moms
Options

LO getting enough water?

I always give my DD sippy cups of water. Most of the time she chews on the tops, throws it on the ground, etc. So, I don't think she is actually getting much water. She is drinking about 20oz of whole milk a day (2 6oz bottles as snacks then 1 8oz before bed)..... Anyone have any tips to get more water in??
Lilypie - Eu0n
BFP: 12/3/15     EDD: 8/11/16     IT'S A BOY!!!
MAXIMUS POWERS   8♥5♥16

Lilypie - pXE7
BFP: 8/5/13      EDD: 4/13/14     IT'S A GIRL!!!      
AYLA BLAIR   3♥27♥14

Re: LO getting enough water?

• Options
    I know for my LO she started drinking a lot more from cups once the bottle was taken away. Maybe your LO just doesn't like having to work harder for the water from a cup because she knows she will get a bottle later. Just a possibility
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I can't get her to drink anything yet. We are still bf so I'm hoping her interest will go up when we wean
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Maybe try offering her a regular straw? Our LO does really well with them and it doesn't take much work for them to get it.
  • Options
    LacynduckLacynduck member
    edited April 2015
    Yes^. My LO LOVES straws and that's how I get him to drink water. I offer water during the day and milk at meal times.
  • Options
    Thank ladies.... she's definelty eating more and we are doing milk more as a "snack" now, but she can't get all 6oz from the cup. But, maybe I just need to fully take the bottles away so she learns? Just quite the bottle cold turkey??

I have probably every sippy cup on the market... I've gotten the ones with straws too, she seems to like the softer tops & will sip from them but barely .5oz a day
    Lilypie - Eu0n
    BFP: 12/3/15     EDD: 8/11/16     IT'S A BOY!!!
    MAXIMUS POWERS   8♥5♥16

Lilypie - pXE7
    BFP: 8/5/13      EDD: 4/13/14     IT'S A GIRL!!!      
    AYLA BLAIR   3♥27♥14

• Options
    My LO doesn't want nothing but BM is hard!