Natural Birth
Options

Raspberry Leaf

Beccaz7Beccaz7 member
edited April 2015 in Natural Birth
Sorry I dont know where to post this question, I hope it is ok here. 

I bought some Raspberry leaf tea but when I was reading the box it said to take it 2-3 times per day! If I do that I am gonna go through it quickly. If I only take it once every few days instead will it still be effective, or do I need to go back and buy more? I had to buy it in a nearby city because I live in a small town that doesn't have much. 
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Raspberry Leaf

• Options
    How far along are you? I posted a topic related to RRL a few weeks ago and basically the "dosage", if you will, feedback I got is to have one every day or when you feel like it up until 32 weeks or so. Then start having 2 cups at 34 weeks, 3 cups at 36 weeks and 4 cups at 38 weeks. It builds up in your system and it's at the 3rd trimester you have to be more diligent. 
  • Options
    Oh wow, so you need a lot! I am 31 weeks now. I heard to start drinking it at 32 weeks so that is why I just bought it.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    If you haven't tried it yet, the taste is actually very enjoyable, at least to me. You might enjoy it iced instead. Also, if you have to make a trip out of getting it, I know there are RRL pills that you can buy online and you could have them shipped to your house. I haven't looked into them too much but it might even be more economical to do it that way??
  • Options
    Thanks for the help. The drive is ok. I have to go out there anyway because that is where my doctor is. When I go to my next prenatal I will buy another box. :)
  • Options
    Not sure if it works since I'm a FTM but I've been following the trimester rule: 1 cup a day for 1st tri, 2 cups a day for 2nd tri, 3 cups a day for 3rd tri :) I love the Traditional Medicinals brand, can be bought online or at Target, Whole Foods, etc.!

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers