October 2015 Moms
Options

Honest question

Re: Honest question

• Loading the player...
  • Options

@amberrmariee20, you are entitled to your opinion as much as anyone else. I think "colour" is British English and "color" is American English. I teach British Lit and kids notice this difference, among others, all the time. I think it's similar in Australia and Canada (colour), right?

Also, feel free to join the GIF party and let the baby shower debate rest. We could all use a good laugh for the evening!

Haha I mixed that up while I was typing it ! I had my 3 year old trying to play papa pear saga on my phone !
  • Options
    I can't do GIFS, on mobile and they don't pop up !
  • Options
    I just ignored the rest of 'em anyways ! And I'm not following this post anymore ! Eh :p !
  • Options
    EllaStaxx said:

@giraffesRamazing, not saying I am... But what if I don't have a job, can't work for medical reasons. Have no monthly income and need the help ? Your oh so into shaming people !

Go apply for SSI if that's the case sweetie. No excuses. If you've already been denied SSI chances are you can work.
    Haha didn't say I was, was speaking for the people who are (: ! My bf is a fisherman in the US !
  • Options
    I've never been on the November board, but I have has a couple instances of moms on here being completely rude.. My hormones are crazy as it is and I just feel it's so un called for.. Made me almost just delete the app.
  • Options
    edited April 2015

please answer this 100% honestly no nastiness. This is just a question, I am wanting a yes or no answer. Is this group as horrible as the nov 2015 group? I really don't want to delete this app. But I seriously can NOT handle some of the "ladies" on that board. They are so negative and nasty. I am due in November but really want to join a happy positive welcoming board.

Nice TOU violation.
  • Options

please answer this 100% honestly no nastiness. This is just a question, I am wanting a yes or no answer. Is this group as horrible as the nov 2015 group? I really don't want to delete this app. But I seriously can NOT handle some of the "ladies" on that board. They are so negative and nasty. I am due in November but really want to join a happy positive welcoming board.

Nice TOU violation.
    Actually, apparently it isn't.
    Really? Even in the guidelines it says a personal attack is "The member of ____ board are a bunch of crazies [sub negative and nasty]"
  • Options
    scw89 said:

@TexasBride90 I agree (: ! I gave all of my sons newborn clothes he was too big for to the NICU where he spent the first 3 weeks. After that I started giving them to my friend who had 3 children and was a single mother. My parents and family would rather help out a family member then a complete stranger. And also, @giraffesRamazing my sister is also having a baby shower for her 4th child, except it's a potluck supper. Everyone is coming to eat (: ! But also I'll be purchasing her stuff for my new nephew ! And I'll enjoy my baby shower, along with my family and close friends, and I promise you I won't feel any shame. I'll be happy and proud. While you sit here and find the negativity in stuff.

Whoa whoa whoa whoa. So a potluck supper for a 4th child??????? That's like saying, "buy me gifts because I got pregnant again, and while you're at it, pay for your own food too!"

No she's not doing gifts this time ! Just a get together, kind of like a bbq, but some close friends offered to bring food, so that's what they are doing for it !
  • Options
    @gabrielafrnqyepez thank you ! Yes my family and also bfs family is totally helpful, they love to be around family, and are constantly trying to help.
  • Options
    CCasey2015CCasey2015 member
    edited April 2015
    "@gabrielafrnqyepez
    omg I said the same thing !!! How is that a group of grown women can act so juvenile.. This reminded me of my fifteen yr old cousins fb page what is this?!

Just to comment on the bbshower thing I come from a culture were every baby gets a shower because we celebrate baby's and the miracle of them and yes it is about the presents because the patents to be will be supporting the baby for the rest of their lives, the very least that the loved ones can do is try. And help them out to get the first few things even if they have the funds to do so themselves it is still the custom. We also help out the first few days and weeks after baby is born again to. Support the parents and help out and from what @amberrmariee20 said it seems like her family wants to support her and her kids no should be judged on what their family traditions are!"

Thank you!!!

• Options
    scw89scw89 member

"@gabrielafrnqyepez
    omg I said the same thing !!! How is that a group of grown women can act so juvenile.. This reminded me of my fifteen yr old cousins fb page what is this?!

Just to comment on the bbshower thing I come from a culture were every baby gets a shower because we celebrate baby's and the miracle of them and yes it is about the presents because the patents to be will be supporting the baby for the rest of their lives, the very least that the loved ones can do is try. And help them out to get the first few things even if they have the funds to do so themselves it is still the custom. We also help out the first few days and weeks after baby is born again to. Support the parents and help out and from what @amberrmariee20 said it seems like her family wants to support her and her kids no should be judged on what their family traditions are!

"

Thank you!!!

Out of curiosity, what culture promotes that?
  • Options
    Trust me that is NOT the culture of NYC. At least not the one I lived in.
  • Options
    Welcome! I think it's really terrible when moms are so judgy. We are all in the same boat and facing the same fears and excitement. Support and encouragement is all we really need. I have an almost three year old, and the judgement unfortunately doesn't end with pregnancy.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

Trust me that is NOT the culture of NYC. At least not the one I lived in.

I don't know what part of NYC ur from but from my incredible love for this city and deep understanding New Yorkers are well known for supporting each other and lending a hand when any one in the community needs it in the neighborhood I am in and surrounding neighborhoods even those in political places have attended these get togethere if the point ur trying to sell is tackiness u are very well entitled to your opinion and I am terribly sorry if your family and community in ny did not support you the way I know is done mb you came from the "lucky" percentage that didn't need any kind of help with anything ever so much so that it wasn't offered but do not knock down those that do for others and those that appreciate what is done for them. In no shape or way is this done as charity but its done from love idk about you but I'm in a middle class that even when a child is planned and the funds are there, there is still worry on making sure the future is set, kids cost a lot of money to support and I don't think any one right now in the economy we are in is any place to turn away help!

• Options
    Omg who cares
    October Siggy Challenge

Image result for horrible pregnancy halloween costumes

Oct 15 Glitter Bunnies

• Options

I'm from a very small town, no big buildings, no major stores far away from big cities, and everyone here loves everyone, everyone is so friendly, waves and talks to everyone, stops to help people out, and they'll we have our familes. Who also love to help us out, even if we don't need the help. They will still help ! @gabrielafrnqyepez your family sounds a lot like mine, love able !

that's how it is in my neighborhood we all know one another we all help one another not that we go to each other homes or treat everyyyy one like family but we are a close knit community I live in woodside/ Sunnyside , I attend school board meeting I attend community meetings dh's. Family is well known for their business. And were all friendly happy ppl. I don't live in Manhattan mb ppl there are " different " but I have friends in the city that are just likeour family. I have friends and family in Brooklyn , long island , the bronx and there too even more now then before only place I don't know any one in is Staten island mb that's the NYC that is refered to by other pp! But @amberrmariee20 ppl like you and I appreciate the support we receive and that's all that matters! Well enjoy our showers laugh eat and create beautiful memories and keep family tradion going!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"