January 2016 Moms

Yogi Mother To Be Tea

Hi! Has anyone tried this tea? My doctor said it was fine to drink decaffeinated tea. It doesn't say it decaf on the box, just caffeine free. There have been mixed reviews about and just want to make sure it's completely safe before trying it!

Re: Yogi Mother To Be Tea

• Honestly, I've never heard of it, sorry.  Did you google it?

BabyFruit Ticker

Baby #5 due 12.31.15

• I haven't heard of it either. I know green tea blocks folic acid though. That's the only one I know about.
  • Loading the player...
  • I have not tried the tea, but have worked with mamas as their doula who have. The only thing to take note of is that it looks like it ocntains Raspberry Leaf, which some providers would cautious to wait to drink until the third trimester.  Drinking raspberry leaf is said to strengthen uterine muscles and tone the pelvic floor in preparation for childbirth, as well as assist with breastmilk supply but please do some research on the potential effects if taken too early in pregnancy. Wishing you a joyful pregnancy and peaceful birthing time,
    Dona Birth Doula Prenatal and Vinyasa Yoga Instructor Childbirth Education Instructor
    Greater Philadelphia and South Jersey
  • Hi! Has anyone tried this tea? My doctor said it was fine to drink decaffeinated tea. It doesn't say it decaf on the box, just caffeine free. There have been mixed reviews about and just want to make sure it's completely safe before trying it!

Decaf and caffeine free mean the same thing, so if your doctor said decaf was fine you should be good with that one.  
    Me: 28 DH: 30
    TTC #1: April 2015
    BFP: 4/25/15
    EDD: 1/5/16
  • Here in Canada they give us a list of safe and unsafe herbal teas we can drink during pregnancy. When I buy tea, I make sure there is no caffeine and only safe plants.

• My RE reccomended the Earth Momma Angel Baby Line of Teas. Their Heartburn and Healthy MOrnings tea have been a lifesaver since my BFP! They sell them on Amazon and at Baby Stores.