April 2014 Moms
Options

Food home or restaurant how do your LO eats?

Do your LO eat with a spoon, fork?
Does she or he use a plate?
My LO needs to feel the food ,no plate she plays with it no spoons if I feed her she needs to see the food but she is so independent ! /:) In the restaurant I have to give her the food with my fingers no spoon if I do it she slapped it.
I am just curious !

Re: Food home or restaurant how do your LO eats?

• Options
    We are just working on utensils. If she uses a fork or spoon she has to hold it. I'll usually guide her hand to get food in it the first few times, she puts it in her mouth, than I let her try. Mostly she still used her fingers, and I have to watch her with a plate or bowl because sometimes she just turns it upside down. I let her use her hands at resturaunts too, unless it's something too messy like rice or soup, I'll feed her with a spoon.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I'm sure restaurants hate us- she feeds herself with her hands and makes a huge mess!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    She is playing with utensils now but not necessarily using them. She also hates being fed with a spoon by me which makes for some very messy meals everyday!!!
  • Options
    She eats off a tray and would probably throw a plate on the ground. We haven't given her utensils yet and she usually slaps a spoon away if we try to feed her. We know she's done when she starts throwing the food on the floor. If we're in a restaurant I try to pick our her foods based on the mess factor as to avoid making too much of one ;)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    ^^^This is us, except I let him use a little plastic "take and toss" fork with rounded tines and a bowl-like shape. He likes to try to use it and sometimes does so successfully.  I do try to pick up the big chunks at restaurants and always tip well to make up for the extra mess. :)
  • Options
    Our tips are directly related to the level of mess we leave behind. I'm sure they see ppl with young kids coming in and want to run.
  • Options
    Our LO has been to 1 restaurant and he ate puffs. Poor kid.... And damn food allergies.
  • Options

Our LO has been to 1 restaurant and he ate puffs. Poor kid.... And damn food allergies.

So sorry :((
  • Options
    We haven't really taken LO out to a restaurant. we just rarely go to one unless its a date night. Sometimes I give her a baby spoon or as pp mentioned a tak and toss fork, but its more to play with and get used to holding etc. she eats with her hands off the highchair tray. Plates and bowls just get dumped and thrown overboard at this point lol.
  • Options
    She always does really well at restaurants unless she's over tired. We mainly go to restaurants that I know have something she likes.
    One thing that I cannot recommend enough is the throw-away plastic placemats you can buy at BRU. They stick to the restaurant table so they can just feed themselves like they would in their highchair. No germs! Haha.
  • Options
    No plates or utensils yet. LO eats with his fingers from his tray, or the table at restaurants. I also tip well :) I've eaten out with LO many times, I find that timing it correctly avoids chances of meltdowns. We are now those people enjoying the early bird special and booting it out of there before 6pm!
  • Options

She always does really well at restaurants unless she's over tired. We mainly go to restaurants that I know have something she likes.
    One thing that I cannot recommend enough is the throw-away plastic placemats you can buy at BRU. They stick to the restaurant table so they can just feed themselves like they would in their highchair. No germs! Haha.

Good idea, I will look into that. At home DD picks up her own food directly off the tray. We tried a bowl and it didn't end well. At restaurants I have found it easiest to put her in my lap and feed her with a spoon and my fingers. Kind of "one mouthful for mommy, one mouthful for baby"

March siggy challenge: Dream job = Playing with wolves

• Options
    @BADASBKRCK they have them by the paci and utensil area. They are a lifesaver at restaurants.
  • Options
    We usually do breakfast or lunch at restaurants with LO (dinner time can be bad news bears for him if we're out).  We usually ask for an extra plate and he gets biscuit, pancake, eggs, hashbrowns, little tid bits of whatever we're eating.  If I know there won't be anything he should be eating, I take puffs to keep him busy and a pouch for the rest.  Since he turned 1 we've been more adventurous with what we feed him and he's really doing well and enjoying it.