Pittsburgh Babies

Mommy and Me Yoga

Has anyone tried any Mommy and Me yoga classes in the area?

If you have, where did you go?  What was your experience like?  And, would you go again?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Mommy and Me Yoga

• I hope someone chimes in on this.  I'd love to find a place that offers even prenatal yoga that isn't during the weekday.

• @lizardloo When I did a search, I came across a place called Shining Light Prenatal Education and they do offer prenatal yoga along with a host of classes geared towards pregnant moms.  I was hoping to hear from someone who may have been there, or another place in the area, but the wait goes on....

If you go, I would love to hear what you think of the place. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I would love to go to one, I love yoga!
  • South hills power yoga has prenatal yoga available. I practice hot yoga 6/7 days a week
  • I went to a prenatal yoga class at Shining Light Prenatal in Lawrenceville. The class was taught by Elizabeth, and it was wonderful. It was a small class of 6 women. It was very light, fulfilling and had a great positive energy. It was my first prenatal yoga class, so I was a bit sore for the next couple of days but definitely worth it! There were a few chants and new moon talk, but it was at a minimum. (From my understanding, hot yoga or Bikram yoga is not recommended during pregnancy.) Shining Light offered a good balance of stretching & relaxing. I hope to return soon. I've heard from other moms that their Mommy & Me and Birthing classes are just as wonderful. I'll be going to School House Yoga in Sq Hill next week for another prenatal class and will leave a review. Hope this helps!
  • RYT_CPARYT_CPA member
    Bend the Bridge in South Fayette has a great Mommy and Me class.  Their prenatal classes are fantastic as well.  Erin is a wonderful teacher and a lot of the prenatal poses and breath work will help with labor.
  • Allegheny Health Network offers prenatal yoga and I think maybe mommy & me yoga at their Wexford office. 
  • I live in Mt Lebo and would love to try prenatal yoga!
  • Where is this?
  • edited April 2018
    South Hills Power Yoga Studio offers prenatal yoga on Sundays in Peters Township