December 2014 Moms
Options

Ugh where is my laugh?

I feel like a hole in the wall bar comedian trying to get my LO to laugh. He is 17 weeks and has met every milestone except laughing. Where is my laugh?

Re: Ugh where is my laugh?

• Options
    haha don't worry! every baby is different. my baby laughed/smiled, then she hit a serious phase. and i mean serious. every nurse says she means business. my friend's son won't stop laughing, and he's been that way since week 8. if baby is healthy, don't worry!

also, have you considered the fact that you're not funny enough? kidding ;-)
    TTC since June 2011
    DH: perfect SA
    Me: 30, moderate endo, unexplained infertility
    IUI or IVF in December

• Options
    My little dude gave me one laugh a couple weeks ago. Since then he does this weird gagging noise instead of a laugh. The first time he did it I freaked lol.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I have completely considered the fact that I'm not funny lol. So I got the bright idea to pull up some babies laughing on YouTube and let him watch it. MISTAKE. He watched for a second with a furrowed brow then that bottom lip popped out and boom waterworks with a side of screaming. I felt so bad. I promised him I would never make him watch other babies laughing again lol.
  • Options
    I've got to work for my DS to laugh, what seems to work is blowing raspberries on his tummy... I stopped with the knock-knock jokes after I heard crickets ;-)

• Options
    My LO still has yet to have a hearty laugh yet either and she is 19 weeks. I've gotten a giggle twice, and I've heard her giggle in her sleep!
  • Options
    Yeah the laughs are hit or miss over here too. Tickling him works one minute then after a nap it doesn't. Kids are so fickle lol just keep trying and one day he'll reward you with the biggest/bestest laugh you've ever heard :)
  • Options
    My LO started laughing at her brother (2 years old) when he said "amen", so he kept doing it and she kept laughing. =)