TTC after 35

Intro (child mentioned)

Hi Everyone-
I have been lurking on this board for over a year and thought I would pop in and say hello. 
My story is that I am almost 37 and have been trying to have a second child for a year and a half.  I have a 3 and a half year old son-- I conceived him naturally after trying for 6 months.  I didn't think there would be any issues a second time around, but of course life always throws us curveballs.  I recently went to the doctor for the primary testing and my ovarian reserve and my husband both checked out great, then I went for the HPG-- it showed that I have a blocked left tube and scarring on my uterus (not sure why). So.. now I will be going to a RE in a couple of weeks to seek out other options.  I have been in denial that I would need extra help, but seeing that I am only getting older and obviously it hasn't worked I certainly may need the help.  So, that is my story for now.... I wish us all luck and sorry we are all in the same boat.

I am looking forward to getting to know all of you and I hope to hear some good reports from everyone.

Re: Intro (child mentioned)

• Welcome and good luck!
    <a href="http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/5677e2">My Ovulation Chart</a>
  • Welcome and good luck! Im also almost 37 and trying for #2. I agree that I also didn't think it would be so hard the second time around ha ha. Hope your stay here is short ;)
  • Loading the player...
  • Welcome.
    It's good that you went for testing. We have a recent grad that had a blocked tube so don't worry too much. The RE will know the best course for you. Good luck.

Me:39, DH:40

DD born 8/96, DS born 8/04

TTC#3

NTNP since 2006, active trying 1/13

Natural M/C 3/13 at 7 weeks

CP 2/14

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

imageimage

All welcome

• Welcome and good-luck.
    Me (42) w/ partner for 16+ years
    TTC #1: 11/2012 - 9/2013; 6/2014 - present
    Follistim + TI (3x): All BFNs
    Follistim + IUI (1x): BFN 
    IVF #1: 17 retrieved,15 fertilized, Day 3: 15, Day 5/6: 3 biopsied
    Result; 1 frozen blast (inconclusive PGS results)
    IVF #2; ER: 6/22 16 retrieved, 6/25: 5 transferred (CP), 2 frozen
    FET 9/17: BFN
    Current FET -- Transferred 2 day-3 embryos - BFN

• Welcome, and good luck to you. Sorry you are having trouble. Interesting about scarring on your uterus. Is it safe to assume you had a c-section with your son?
  • Thanks for all the welcomes! Actually, I delivered my son naturally... the scarring is a mystery, although my doctor said sometimes we can get scarring from infections that were untreated. He said a lot of times we don't notice an infection and when it goes without medical attention it can leave scarring. It could also be trauma from my last pregnancy.