Infertility

1st cycle of Clomid/TI -- negative sign is coming!

Hi Ladies,

I'm a first time poster here. DH (30) and I (32) have been TTC since November 2012. We gave it a full two years before deciding to go for fertility tests. We both are normal. DH morphology is a little off but RE said that shouldn't be an issue.

I have started my 1st Clomid/TI cycle at the end of March. Took 100mg Clomid CD3-CD7, and administered Estrace CD9-CD15 due to the thin lining. I go in for BW/US almost every other day since CD9. I was very frustrated because my ovulation is so late in this cycle. I usually see positive OPK on CD18-CD20. This Monday was CD27 and still nothing! LH was low and follicle was still there (27mm). RE told me to administer Ovidrel last night. I saw LH surge on OPK this morning, I was so excited that finally I'm about to ovulate!! However, I have just spot blood-like CM this morning, similar to when I'm about to have AF. What is going on????? Has anyone had similar experience? I don't understand how AF will come if I haven't ovulated yet. I'm so confused and feeling down. I called the nurse but she usually doesn't return my call until the end of the day as their office is so busy.

Any experience or advise to share will be greatly appreciated.  

Re: 1st cycle of Clomid/TI -- negative sign is coming!

• It very well could be implantation bleeding if you did in fact already ovulate and didn't realize it. If you truly didn't ovulate, it could also just be a result of sex. I wouldn't lose hope until you get a super heavy flow. Our bodies do odd things sometimes! Wishing you the best of luck!
  • Implantation bleeding is actually very rare. While it's always possible I would not take that advice too close to heart.

Remember that your body is hopped up on all kinds of extra hormones and those can cause all kinds of odd symptoms, including spot bleeding. I wouldn't be concerned about it (or cause yourself unwanted stress) unless it clearly becomes a period. Nothing you knew about your body is still true when you're loaded up with extra hormones.
    Me: 41, DH 38, Diagnosis DOR
    Started TTC 12/2013
    First Trip to RE: 11/2014
    IVF Round 1: 2/2014 - BFP
    DD Born 11/9/2014
    TTC a Sibling Started 5/2015
    First IVF Round 8/15 - BFN
    Taking a break to go on vacation + enjoy the holidays before FET and/or another IVF round in 2016!

• Loading the player...
  • Thank you for your words, ladies. Today I have heavier flow but still brown. I talked to the nurse yesterday and she mentioned about ovulation spotting. I'll go back to see them tomorrow morning. I think all these medications did throw my body out of wack. I checked LH surge and it's positive again this morning. Who knows what goes on down there. I haven't lost all hope yet. Hopefully they can tell me one thing or another tomorrow. ;)