2nd Trimester
Options

Vitamins

I'm 14 weeks pregnant and have been very sick, I have hyperemesis. I have been slacking on my prenatal vitamin and sometimes forget three days in a row to take it. Should I be worried about the baby?

Re: Vitamins

• Options
    You should really try to take them. I know I forget new and then too. But- taking them is important for your baby! No way will you get all the things you and baby needs in a regular diet. If you are just forgetting, try putting them in your purse so no matter where and when, you have them and can take them each day. Or, set an alarm on your phone each day to take them... If they make you sick, try a different brand, or taking them a different time of day/with or without food. Sometimes taking them with something thicker than water (OJ, milk) can help coat your stomach...
  • Options
    I've been very sick too. I'm finally starting to feel better but I keep forgetting to take them too. What did women do before prenatal vitamins? How worried should I be that I haven't taken much this whole pregnancy so far?
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    At 14 weeks my constipation was so bad my ob told be to stop them to give my body a break ( because of high iron levels) back to normal. And it did, about a week later I was going consistently. She said I could go back on them at about 18 weeks. Don't think you're doing any permanent damage, just get consistent with them when you can.
  • Options
    Have you tried the gummies or a liquid prenatal?
    Anniversary
  • Options
    My doc has me taking the chewables. I've had an easier time remembering lately. I was just worried about what skipping a few days would do but its nice to know that it's not damaging!
  • Options
    I'd try really hard to get em in n keep em down. They don't tell everyone how important they are for no reason. Sorry about the hyperemesis, sounds awful. Maybe ask doc about alternatives? Good luck.