September 2015 Moms

19 weeks. Lots of light pink mucus /discharge last night after sex

I'm 19 weeks first time mom. Last night after having fairly brisk sex, immediately afterward the mucus and discharge was light tannish pink and was still present early this a.m. It has cleared now. However I'm still very upset. I miscarried last Sept, but I spotted early on during that pregnancy. I'm not cramping any. I'm feeling little odd almost sting-like in my belly area but they also feel a little ripple-like as well. My next doc appt is tomorrow afternoon. I don't know if I can wait until then. I just want to hear my baby boy's heartbeat now. Has anyone had anything similar? Any suggestions?

Best Answers

• jen83mnjen83mn member
    Answer ✓
    Your cervix is very sensitive right now, and considering it happened after sex, I would assume it's most likely just irritation spotting from the cervix and nothing to be concerned about. I had spotting at 8 weeks due to cervical irritation after a Pap smear so I know how scary it can be! But I think it's very common for your cervix to spot after any sort of irritation (internal exam, sex, bowel movement). Unless it turns to heavy bleeding or bad cramping, I would try not to worry about it until your appointment tomorrow (easier said than done, I know!).
  • Loading the player...
  • martrubymartruby member
    Answer ✓
    I had some pink/brownish spotting a day after sex when I was about 14 weeks. It freaked me out completely! I had no cramps and everything I read said brown wasn't bad. That didn't help ease my mind and unfortunately my dr was out of town. I talked to the nurse and she referred me to an outside facility that gave me an u/s. I felt MUCH better after seeing the little one squirm around. I understand your worry. Hopefully your dr can work with you..a lot of times if you tell them the issue (spotting), they'll give u an u/spotting to ease your fears. I know for me, that's the only thing that calmed me down. I know it's hard to do but try to relax. I'm sure it was cuz of the sex and ur baby is fine! ;)
  • PlainJane8350PlainJane8350 member
    Answer ✓
    My doctor said too call with anything that looks like mucus.

Answers