Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

Maybe something's wrong with me

Going to the doctor and finding out i have a cyst on my ovaries has caused so much stress on me since ovarian cancer runs in my family. Me and my husband has been trying to conceive but, nothing is wrong. & I am beginning to panic.

Re: Maybe something's wrong with me

• Options
    @MarieBoga I can relate to worrying about medical stuff.  My mind immediately goes to worst case scenario; I awfulize.  Cancer in particular is so scary to think about, but if the mass on your ovary is a (benign, I assume?) cyst and not some kind of malignancy, you're in a good place!  Plenty of women conceive successfully with cysts all over their ovaries (PCOS).  And try to remember that, in the scheme of things, your worst fears almost never materialize.  The fear itself is the scariest of all.  Hope that's helpful.  Hang in there!

Me:  28
    DH:  32
    BFP:  10.18.15
    MMC:  12.9.15 
    TTCAL:  January 2016

• Options
    I understand your worry. I just had a cyst too and the doctor explained that almost all women have them at some point. They don't always know because there are not always any symptoms. In most cases the cyst is completely harmless and will go away on its own. The doctor should monitor yours and let you know if further intervention is needed. Cysts are not cancerous and do not make you higher risk for ovarian cancer. Mine was caused by the follicle that released the egg closing back up and filling with fluid, but there are different types of cyst.

I hope that eases your mind a little. But talk to your doctor he/she should explain all that in further detail and adress your concerns.
    Best of luck.

Me 31 DH 41

TTC #1 since August 2014
    RE August 2015
    Surprise BFP! September 1, 2015
    IT'S A GIRL!!!
    Baby Eden born 5/11/16 <3<3<3

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    How long have you been trying? Cysts are fairly common (though rarely discussed) and while a family history if cancer is scary, it's also something that can be caught early.
  • Options
    You guys are so awesome really made me feel a lot better. Me and my husband been trying for five months now. I go back to my primary doctor on the 27 to check the cyst but, it made me extremely scared because the doctor that told me about the cyst didn't want to answer any of my questions which left me lost and he also told me it's the reason behind me having trouble having kids. Then he went on to tell me it could be cancerous then he asked if cancer runs in my family which it does. I tried to do research on cyst and ovarian cancer and it just only made me panic more. But you guys are so helpful and I am very bless to receive you guys responses.
  • Options
    I think you should find a new doctor who will answer your questions. He shouldn't have given you such a vague answer. :/ My PCP was not helpful with that either, but my OBGYN was awesome- he even drew me a diagram to explain it all. In general, depending on the type of cyst, it shouldn't affect your ability to conceive, or, as I said, it shouldn't put you at a higher risk for cancer. But you need to go to a doctor who will give you the answers you need and confirm that it's nothing to worry about.

Me 31 DH 41

TTC #1 since August 2014
    RE August 2015
    Surprise BFP! September 1, 2015
    IT'S A GIRL!!!
    Baby Eden born 5/11/16 <3<3<3

• Options
    @seashellz1223 thanks so much that post really meant a lot I will be going to a different doctor this time and hopefully get some better answers and hopefully he's more helpful. I'm guessing it's because I just moved to a different state. I was also thinking that this could be cause as well that maybe my body could just be trying to adjust to this new environment.
  • Options
    What kind of doctor says, hey maybe you have cancer, then won't answer your questions!?
    My TTC History:
    2009: missed miscarriage #1 at 9 weeks (trisomy 16)
    2010: Infertility
    2011: Diagnosis and treatment (low sperm count, anastrozole for DH, clomid for me + IUI)
    2012: Baby #1
    2014: Baby #2
    October 2015: missed miscarriage #2 at 11 weeks (trisomy 22)
    March 2016 BFP#5, due November 2016.

My Charts since 2009

• Options
    I am not trying to sway you from getting your cyst checked out, I think that it is always a good idea. But I just wanted to let you know that I have about 13 cysts in each ovary and my RE told me that  I don't have anything to worry about. I think they are more common than people let on. I hope you get the answers you are looking for at your next appointment. 

Me: 24  DH: 25
    Married 2010
    TTC #1
    PCOS
  • Options
    @TheBorg7of9 that's exactly what my mother said. But, he was not helpful at all it was like he hated his job or something a lot of people started complaining how he wasn't helpful at all.
  • Options
    Please pray for me guys! It was be very helpful thank you. Today is the day I find out :) thanks.
  • Options
    Would*