Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss

Going back to work?

Today is my first day back to work after my m/c last week.  A couple people at my office know what happened, since I was 13 weeks along and almost ready to tell everyone my happy news (until my news turned sad). 

Now that I'm back today, it just feels so strange.  I was out of the office for a week and I don't know which of my coworkers know everything now and which don't.  I'm pretty sure people talk or maybe guessed what was wrong, but honestly, now I have no idea who knows and who doesn't know.  ...Its just so difficult to put on a happy face or to even focus for that matter. People say "welcome back" or "I'm sorry" and yet I have no idea how to respond to them after going through what I did.  It's like they may have some idea or not... or they just don't want to bring up too much to make me feel awkward. They are all they're happy normal selves and yet my heart is aching and feel like I could burst into tears! Seeing people be happy makes this all so much harder...

How are you supposed to get through this weird grey area of grieving while having to resume your normal life???  Anyone else feel this conflict?  Please tell me it gets better...

Re: Going back to work?

• I'm in the exact same boat as you. My boss gave me the option to work from home if I wanted, but I decided to come back to the office today. The morning was a little rough since only 2 people know what happened. By the afternoon it was better, getting back into the routine of working and being around my colleagues was good for me. My boss had told most of the team something vague like that I had a personal emergency to take care of last week and that I didn't want to talk about it, so no one asked what happened (except for one guy who didn't get the memo and thought I was just on vacation). Everyone will deal with it differently, but for me it was good to go back to work, even if I did cry a little this morning.
    Anniversary
    TTC since January 2015
    3/15/2015 BFP!
    4/15/2015 MMC  :'(
    2/25/2016 BFP! Hoping for the best!
  • I had told the whole office of my pregnancy, so when I miscarried I had a co-worker tell everyone, and she basically told them not to talk to me about it, which was weird because I didn't want to just forget about it completely.  So if I bring it up co-workers are happy to listen otherwise they do not bring it up to me.
    BFP 2/11/15 (EDD 10/13/15). MMC 3/30/15 D&C 4/3/15 "We will always love you"
    DD1 - BFP 7/23/15 (EDD 3/31/16).  "We believe in you rainbow" DOB 4/2/16
    DD2 - BFP 2/9/18 (EDD 10/19/18).  "Grow baby grow!" DOB 10/24/18
    BFP 11/16/20 (EDD 7/31/21).  "Round 3 FIGHT!"
  • Loading the player...
  • I'm self-employed and work from home, so I just let my clients know I would be out of the office for a day.  I didn't tell them I was getting a d&e, so one of them said "I hope you have a fun Friday off!"  Ugh. 

On a side note, I do have two fun trips planned in the next two months, which is giving me something to look forward to.  It's helping to bring me out of my slump.
    TTC#1 since Jan 2015
    BFP 2/19/15  •  MMC found at 9 wks  •  D&E at 11 wks (age 36)
    BFP 8/29/15
      •  CP (age 37)
    BFP 11/18/15  •  DD born at 41 weeks <3(age 37/38)

TTC#2 since May 2017
    BFP 10/18/17  •  MMC found at 8 wks  •  Misoprostal at 10.5 wks (age 39)

BFP 2/16/18
      •  CP (age 39)
    BFP 4/13/18
      •  CP (age 39)
    BFP 5/07/18  •  MMC found at 10.5 wks  •  D&E at 11.5 wks 
    •  Testing showed it was a girl with Trisomy 22. (age 39/40)
    9/5/18 Diagnosed with diminished ovarian reserve (4-5 follicles, one ovary had none and was very atrophied)

RE says the low egg count is likely causing my recurrent pregnancy loss. Less eggs results in more aneuploidy.

BFP 9/24/18  • 
    CP (age 40)
    BFP 5/11/19  •  Fraternal twins  •  MMC found at 10w5d (Baby A 6w, Baby B 10w)  •  Misoprostal at 11 weeks (age 41)